Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Stepping back for a while
Posted by SC/CA of CA on 6/18/21 7:51pm Msg #78884
Mike, you will be missed, and I hope that you stay in touch in the Leisure and Work sections, and just stay out of the Politics section. You have alot to offer, and hopefully you receive some good things from NR as well. I also hope that someone else (not me as I usually cannot stomach it, for the same reasons as you, I would imagine) will rise to the occasion as a voice of reason and fact-based holder-of-sanity, as you have been.

I have appreciated your point-of-view, the time, effort, and intelligence that you bring to the table – which can be applied to any scenario, not just politics. Which, I’m sure you do.

I do think there are foundational (and contagious) attitudes which are fundamentally and grossly devoid of compassion - and that pushing against it, even with best of reasoning, is a well-draining exercise, leaving us empty. The only thing I can think of is to try to contribute to increasing attitudes which may potentially increase compassion and be bridge-building wherever possible, and sometimes it’s not possible, and it’s time to look elsewhere, as you are wisely doing. But, sometimes, you do make a difference and you’ll never know it, so there’s that too. And, I would imagine that have have done that, in spades!

I also think that politics is much more emotionally rudimentary than we can imagine, and attitudes are formed based on a myriad of intangibles like bias, identity, influences, etc. The best we can do is perhaps be aware of our own influence, and contribute where we feel we can make a difference.

I wish you all the best. You have given me a great deal of assistance with my husband’s auto-immune disease as well, as I journey through that world trying to be of as much assistance to him that I can. Thank you for that. All good things to you!
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Stepping back for a while - MikeC/TX on 6/18/21 6:30pm
 Re: Stepping back for a while - anotaryinva on 6/18/21 6:50pm
 Re: Stepping back for a while - SC/CA on 6/18/21 7:51pm
 Re: Stepping back for a while - Luckydog on 6/18/21 9:20pm
 Best wishes to you Mike...gonna miss you - Linda_H/FL on 6/19/21 6:07am
 Re: Stepping back for a while - HisHughness on 6/20/21 12:07pm
 Re: Just Politics is going to be pretty mundane - Carolyn Bodley on 6/21/21 9:21am
 Re: Just Politics is going to be pretty mundane - Luckydog on 6/21/21 11:20am
 Re: Just Politics is going to be pretty mundane - SC/CA on 6/21/21 12:47pm
 Re: Stepping back for a while - bagger on 6/22/21 9:59am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.