Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Gov Newsom couldn
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 10/16/23 6:42pm Msg #83102
I think Newsom's challenge was to find someone with the credentials and skill set to handle the job, but who also wouldn't have political aspirations to run for it again, in order to be neutral towards those who have already declared that they are running for a full term as Senator. It's probably also helpful to note that she's lived in Maryland for only about two years, since she became President of Emily's List. Prior to that, she worked in California for at least 20 years that I could find, perhaps more.

The article that Yoli posted presented some interesting considerations, so it'll be interesting to see how all this shakes out.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Gov Newsom couldn't find a single qualified resident in CA? - Moneyman/TX on 10/15/23 6:09pm
 Re: Gov Newsom couldn -  Mike Goodey on 10/15/23 8:44pm
 Found this interesting article on appointed senator from CA -  Yoli/CA on 10/16/23 1:58pm
 Guess you didn't read OP or click the link -- SAME ARTICLE - Moneyman/TX on 10/24/23 1:45am
 Re: Guess you didn -  Yoli/CA on 11/5/23 11:48am
 LOL & they wonder why so many are leaving CA n/m - Moneyman/TX on 10/24/23 1:55am
 Re: Gov Newsom couldn -  JanetK_CA on 10/16/23 6:42pm
 She posted the same article I did in the OP - Moneyman/TX on 10/24/23 1:52am
 tinyurl are a security risk. use the source for more clicks n/m - sigtogo/OR on 10/24/23 2:19pm
 I haven't heard of any issues in the past when used in JP - Moneyman/TX on 11/3/23 6:12pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.