Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

I haven't heard of any issues in the past when used in JP
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 11/3/23 6:12pm Msg #83109
Using the actual source links tends to have the purely partisan people shout -- "Not a valid source" -- without ever even looking at the information. This happens most often when that person is incapable of backing up their opposition arguments, or actually even having an argument to back up, so they think they can shut down the conversation by claiming sources used are "biased', or "not valid" in the hopes that others will become so distracted with attempting to validate sources used when, in fact, they just need to cal out the people who cannot back up any logical opposing viewpoints. It's akin to when, more often than not, those same people falsely toss around the term "racist" when they, again, are incapable to defending their claimed position.

Considering this is the very first time I have seen anyone mention anything about a security risk associated with using them here in JP, and that I actually stated the source, "Slate", with the link, I'm thinking it is more of an issue with certain posters being incapable of even viewing information presented by someone who does not agree with them 100% of the time. It is also clear by the posting of the same link -- without any discussion on their part, that they didn't bother even reading the OP and clearly thought they were contributing some kind of "gottcha" link LOL.

I could be wrong, but that is the impression that some have worked so hard to convey over the years, and increasingly so since 2016.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Gov Newsom couldn't find a single qualified resident in CA? - Moneyman/TX on 10/15/23 6:09pm
 Re: Gov Newsom couldn -  Mike Goodey on 10/15/23 8:44pm
 Found this interesting article on appointed senator from CA -  Yoli/CA on 10/16/23 1:58pm
 Guess you didn't read OP or click the link -- SAME ARTICLE - Moneyman/TX on 10/24/23 1:45am
 Re: Guess you didn -  Yoli/CA on 11/5/23 11:48am
 LOL & they wonder why so many are leaving CA n/m - Moneyman/TX on 10/24/23 1:55am
 Re: Gov Newsom couldn -  JanetK_CA on 10/16/23 6:42pm
 She posted the same article I did in the OP - Moneyman/TX on 10/24/23 1:52am
 tinyurl are a security risk. use the source for more clicks n/m - sigtogo/OR on 10/24/23 2:19pm
 I haven't heard of any issues in the past when used in JP - Moneyman/TX on 11/3/23 6:12pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.