Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Core Gardening - interesting concept
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 9/21/17 1:27am Msg #29404
We watched the same guy. Luke is MIGardner. He used rotting straw allowing rain to charge the core once in the ground.

We have no rain and I started with new straw but I think it wil work. His straw totally decomposed by summer's end so mine has more time in the ground and should last over winter for spring planting. That's my plan.

I soaked the trench with the straw in it then covered it over. I still have drip in the bed but it's independently controlled and i can turn it down or shut it off and charge the core with a garden bucket instead of rain.

All the seed is already up. I didnt bury any of the seed. I seeded on top of the soil and covered the seed with coir.

The coir is basically a warm and wet sponge. Seeds germinate quickly and send roots down. Sprouts rise through the coir faster then they can through soil.

It's all a different way of growing and fun experimenting. Luke is a good watch on YouTube. He sells a lot of organic supplies now. Took his Master Gardening and seems to be better versed than most.

I have until next week to sign up for my Master Gardening course through the university extension program but the more I look into it I just didn't feel a straight connection for what I'm doing.

Meeting with a physician friend on Friday to talk shop. He's getting deep into gardening as well. We've been talking about doing some ag together for a few years. Don't think we ever will, but between gardening, economics (His real passion) and world news we have a lot to talk about. Might take some pizza and beer to wade through al that.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Core Gardening - interesting concept - Bear900/CA on 9/19/17 1:48am
 Now THAT sounds like a PLAN! n/m - Lee/AR on 9/19/17 10:17am
 Re: Core Gardening - interesting concept - MikeC/TX on 9/20/17 5:21pm
 Re: Core Gardening - interesting concept - Bear900/CA on 9/21/17 1:27am
 Re: Core Gardening - interesting concept -  Yoli/CA on 9/22/17 11:24am
 Re: Core Gardening - interesting concept - Bear900/CA on 9/23/17 5:00am
 Re: Core Gardening - interesting concept - MikeC/TX on 9/23/17 5:24pm
 Re: Core Gardening - interesting concept - Bear900/CA on 9/24/17 2:30am
 Re: Core Gardening - interesting concept -  Yoli/CA on 9/24/17 1:09pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.