Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Core Gardening - interesting concept
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 9/23/17 5:24pm Msg #29410
These new methods have turned traditional gardening on its head.

Years ago, when I first adopted square-foot gardening techniques, a few of my friends who were gardeners thought I was crazy - remarks like "the stuff will never grow properly, you're planting too close", and "that vertical gardening stuff makes no sense". I was able to convince them that proper soil preparation and irrigation made perfect sense for what was then called intensive gardening. They stuck with their row gardening; I was growing as much or more in far less space and with much less maintenance during the growing season.

It's been years since I've been able to have a vegetable garden, but I've been trying to keep up with the new techniques, if only out of curiosity. Thanks for posting this info - I'm getting an education.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Core Gardening - interesting concept - Bear900/CA on 9/19/17 1:48am
 Now THAT sounds like a PLAN! n/m - Lee/AR on 9/19/17 10:17am
 Re: Core Gardening - interesting concept - MikeC/TX on 9/20/17 5:21pm
 Re: Core Gardening - interesting concept - Bear900/CA on 9/21/17 1:27am
 Re: Core Gardening - interesting concept -  Yoli/CA on 9/22/17 11:24am
 Re: Core Gardening - interesting concept - Bear900/CA on 9/23/17 5:00am
 Re: Core Gardening - interesting concept - MikeC/TX on 9/23/17 5:24pm
 Re: Core Gardening - interesting concept - Bear900/CA on 9/24/17 2:30am
 Re: Core Gardening - interesting concept -  Yoli/CA on 9/24/17 1:09pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.