Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

I have an issue with returned items
Posted by Carolyn Bodley of CO on 7/10/19 10:40am Msg #31280
namely ones that have been used and later resold as new.

Had an attorney client and his wife notorious for this — and I’m the one that had to do the deed of returning. Worst one was when expensive cappuccino/coffee machine quit (several thousand dollar model). I was supposed to pick up from house, box it up and ship back for repair. They hadn’t even bothered cleaning it or removing the beans. Grrrr. In the meantime they went to Bed Bath & Beyond and bought another. They used new one for 4 months until original repaired. Guess who was expected to return 4-month used machine back to Bed Bath & Beyond back and get their money back? I refused so they had to do it themselves. No doubt it was not cleaned.

Today I refuse to buy a boxed item where it is obvious it has been opened and returned. They return worn clothes and shoes as well.

I’m actually glad stores are cracking down on returns
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Returning Merchandise without a Receipt - LisaKT/CA on 7/7/19 7:33pm
 Re: Returning Merchandise without a Receipt - Luckydog on 7/8/19 12:15pm
 Re: Returning Merchandise without a Receipt - LisaKT/CA on 7/8/19 9:00pm
 Re: Returning Merchandise without a Receipt -  JanetK_CA on 7/8/19 2:40pm
 Re: Returning Merchandise without a Receipt - LisaKT/CA on 7/8/19 9:07pm
 Re: Returning Merchandise without a Receipt - Luckydog on 7/9/19 4:57pm
 I have an issue with returned items - Carolyn Bodley on 7/10/19 10:40am
 Re: I have an issue with returned items - LisaKT/CA on 7/10/19 4:29pm
 Re: I have an issue with returned items - anotaryinva on 7/11/19 9:10am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.