Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: I have an issue with returned items
Posted by LisaKT/CA of CA on 7/10/19 4:29pm Msg #31282
<<<Today I refuse to buy a boxed item where it is obvious it has been opened and returned. They return worn clothes and shoes as well.>>>

Me too! If the box has been opened, re-taped closed, smashed, dented or gives me any indication it was "picked over", I'll pass (heeheehee). I know what you mean about people returning worn shoes and clothes. I used to work in retail. Nowadays, a lot of stores have these obvious 4" X 6" size tags on the front of dresses - even cheapy casual dresses - that basically say "If this tag is removed, NO RETURNS". Those party/prom dresses are "final sale"....for obvious reasons.

I worked in a shoe dept at a major dept store and a lady was returning a pair of fancy shoes and bragged not only about the event she wore them to but that she returned the shoes, dress, earrings, and handbag she bought for this event. The dept. store took it all back because if you were a credit card customer, you could do no wrong. We were told that whatever a credit card customer returned, take it back....don't call the manager, regardless if it was worn or even abused. If you paid for the item with tender other than their credit card, you had a fight on your hands to get a refund if the item was worn. If you were a CC customer - you were worshipped (LOL).
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Returning Merchandise without a Receipt - LisaKT/CA on 7/7/19 7:33pm
 Re: Returning Merchandise without a Receipt - Luckydog on 7/8/19 12:15pm
 Re: Returning Merchandise without a Receipt - LisaKT/CA on 7/8/19 9:00pm
 Re: Returning Merchandise without a Receipt -  JanetK_CA on 7/8/19 2:40pm
 Re: Returning Merchandise without a Receipt - LisaKT/CA on 7/8/19 9:07pm
 Re: Returning Merchandise without a Receipt - Luckydog on 7/9/19 4:57pm
 I have an issue with returned items - Carolyn Bodley on 7/10/19 10:40am
 Re: I have an issue with returned items - LisaKT/CA on 7/10/19 4:29pm
 Re: I have an issue with returned items - anotaryinva on 7/11/19 9:10am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.