Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

The Delta Variant
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 6/18/21 2:13am Msg #33100
The Delta variant might pose the biggest threat yet to vaccinated people

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/the-delta-variant-might-pose-the-biggest-threat-yet-to-vaccinated-people/ar-AAL9xQH?ocid=msedgntp

"The nightmare here is a variant that checks off all three boxes," said Bob Wachter, the chair of the Department of Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco.

No prior variant, he said, has checked more than one or two. But the Delta variant, first identified in India in February, has come closest to checking all three.

"The data today says that this variant gets a full checked box for more infectious, probably gets a checked box for more serious, and at least gets a partial checked box for immune evasion. And that's scary,"

"If I had gotten comfortable with being inside without a mask in a place where I wasn't sure that everybody's vaccinated, I would now be uncomfortable," he added.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 The Delta Variant - Bear900/CA on 6/18/21 2:13am
 Re: The Delta Variant - Luckydog on 6/18/21 9:26pm
 Re: The Delta Variant...on top of that - Linda_H/FL on 6/19/21 6:18am
 Re: The Delta Variant...on top of that - Luckydog on 6/19/21 8:48pm
 Re: The Delta Variant - MikeC/TX on 6/19/21 3:51pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.