Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Covid — not sure if this should be here or JP
Posted by Carolyn Bodley of CO on 10/26/21 11:24pmMsg #33607
We just back from 3-weeks traveling to New England states for leaf viewing. As most of you are probably aware, hubby’s niece is head of Covid hospital unit. To listen to her one-on-one, all of us ended up crying like babies. I won’t go into the Covid stages and how it progresses. What people do need to be aware of is what happens as the patient is dying. All of the nurses have made a pact that no one is going to die alone. One of them is always there, double masked, face shields, respirators, fully covered with 2-3 gowns, boots, gloves as they sit on the bed holding their telephone so family can FaceTime as they say goodbye, all the while holding the dying person’s hand and crying their own heart and eyes out.

Families seldom acknowledge what the staff go thru. Patients that survive, who they have worked their a$$es off, hoping and praying they will survive are belligerent and hateful and few cry, and fewer say thank you, instead telling them that is their jobs and it is their right not to get vaccinated or wear masks.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Covid — not sure if this should be here or JP - Carolyn Bodley on 10/26/21 11:24pm
 Re: Covid — not sure if this should be here or JP -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/27/21 8:00am
 I've seen this on tv. Blessings to all those nurses who go -  MW/VA on 10/27/21 9:33am
 Re: I -  Mike Goodey on 10/29/21 3:27pm
 Re: Niece’s hospital vaccinations REQUIRED - Carolyn Bodley on 10/29/21 3:31pm
 Re: no, I don’t stand with nurses/doctors - Carolyn Bodley on 10/29/21 4:34pm
 Re: I - Luckydog on 10/30/21 12:44pm
 Re: I - MikeC/TX on 11/1/21 4:33pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.