Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

More on the news front
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 11/8/21 11:38pm Msg #33690
And that's all this is, just news, but I feel it's noteworthy because things all around us are taking an interesting turn, though we're mostly all vaccinated. Take from it what you will. My wife was able to talk to our friend this evening and she's mildly ill. Her husband rapid tested again today when they got home. He is still negative but quarantining. Some background...

Our friends are horse people. The husband just had a horse roll over backwards on him about six weeks ago in our hometown and had some major injuries, was in the hospital for a week, but he's a tough as nails cowboy. We had them for dinner when he recovered and I literally had to cover my ears hearing the trauma he went through when the horse stood up while his feet were still in the stirrups. At that point he had a broken scapula. He was able to pull his feet free just in time to be tromped on in the worst possible place for a man causing major damage. He dragged himself to an open area to call 911 then passed out. He came to but couldn't get through to 911. He was able to call his wife and she got help.

The friends they were visiting in AZ also have horses and a ranch. They were all outside mending fences and working around the ranch. Dry winds were blowing and the ladies felt their throats dry and feel tight. At first they thought it was due to the wind.

The other lady is a hospital nurse. One of her patients had Covid. Though vaccinated, she did multiple rapid tests on herself which up to that point were negative. Sensing the symptoms, she had them all go in for rapid tests. It was then that tests came back positive for three of them. The nurse's husband became the most ill, went to his bedroom and he never surfaced again. Our tough-as-nails cowboy friend has remained well up to this point. He's a character. We used to camp out, hike, and hit the wine trails often pre-Covid.

We are common friends with another couple who moved away about a year ago. Our first set of friends were driving near their town so thought they would give them a call. They discovered that couple were both home with Covid. We'll have to contact them later.

When our friends got home today the wife called yet another couple who we are also common friends with. The husband is a grade school teacher. You guessed it, they are both home with Covid. I will give him a call tomorrow. All these people are fully vaccinated but unfortunately had yet to receive their booster shots.

Nothing to see here really, just a day in the life of. These are three couples we would normally have considerable contact with except for Covid. Miss them all and wish them the best. We all just have to hang tough and be as smart as possible as we see more and more around us get sick. It's no longer 'the other guy' and it may soon be us.

It's a good time to reach out to old friends. We received a "thinking of you" text over the weekend from the wife of another couple we became close friends with when we lived in San Diego another life ago. All of us were in our mid-twenties and partied a lot. She is now retiring. Great memories.

This is no lie...Frank Sinatra is singing "The Good Life" in the background! Ha!
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Don't worry, I'm fully vaccinated - Bear900/CA on 11/7/21 9:46pm
 The vaccine never claims you won't get Covid, only that -  MW/VA on 11/8/21 9:34am
 Re: Don - SC/CA on 11/8/21 11:52am
 Re: Don -  JanetK_CA on 11/8/21 1:43pm
 More on the news front - Bear900/CA on 11/8/21 11:38pm
 Re: More on the news front -  JanetK_CA on 11/9/21 1:36am
 Re: More on the news front -  Yoli/CA on 11/9/21 10:01am
 Re: More on the news front - Bear900/CA on 11/9/21 11:26am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.