Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: printing fees
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 8/11/16 6:30pm Msg #557979
Are you buying OEM cartridges? If so, you might want to take a look at "refurbished" cartridges. I've been happily doing that for years. If you go to the resources tab, you might be able to buy them through this site at the same price as you can get them elsewhere. (For me, that amounts to about 25% or less than the OEM price. I've found the options listed there to be pretty reliable, but it depends on what printer you have. You might try doing a search about that.

And to answer your question, NO. I don't think that would fly, but it might lose you a client... I'm not saying that it doesn't bug me, too. What bugs me even more, though, are the big solid stop signs on a page with very basic instructions in large, bold type. Wink Sometimes we have to pick our battles and I don't believe this is one that's worth fighting. Best to try to keep costs down instead.

BTW, some people here even refill their own cartridges. I used to do that many years ago with different printers. Now I don't think it's worth it for the price I pay for the refurbished ones and the capacity in each one. Just be careful to be selective. If you have an HP printer with a chip, you want to make sure to buy those that have the chip replaced or your printer may not recognize it as a full cartridge. (The ones that are just 'refilled' may be even cheaper yet, but are also most likely to give you problems, like lines across the page, etc.)

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 printing fees - MidTNNotary on 8/11/16 5:40pm
 Re: printing fees -  JanetK_CA on 8/11/16 6:30pm
 I hear you, but sadly no I don't charge extra... -  Cari on 8/11/16 6:42pm
 Re: I hear you, but sadly no I don - Luckydog on 8/11/16 9:57pm
 Re: I hear you, but sadly no I don - ananotary on 8/12/16 9:47am
 Re: printing fees - Joseph Ascenzi on 8/11/16 10:44pm
 I quote an all-inclusive fee, but the rule of thumb used to -  MW/VA on 8/12/16 8:01am
 Joseph - please keep in mind when professionals make a -  Christine/OK on 8/12/16 9:06am
 Re: Joseph - please keep in mind when professionals make a - jnew on 8/12/16 1:41pm
 Re: Joseph - please keep in mind when professionals make a -  JanetK_CA on 8/12/16 3:38pm
 Re: printing fees - William Danley on 8/13/16 2:32pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.