Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Joseph - please keep in mind when professionals make a
Posted by jnew of WI on 8/12/16 1:41pm Msg #558062
The actual cost of printing documents is not limited to toner, paper, machine cost (drum or actual replacement cost). The extra time to sign a large package should be factored in. Also the money saved from lender and closing agent is a factor. By not printing the package on paper and having to send the package by overnight delivery they are retaining the time and material and labor cost of having an employee do these things. The value established by title companies to download and print was anywhere between 20 to 30 dollars. One question I have is that why should a signing agent be required to accept less than that? The excuse I get from the agencies is that if the package is small I should charge less. That would be okay if, when the package is large, I get paid an extra premium. I like the idea of a standard fee based on a standard size package. If the packages are on the average larger, the service should require a larger payment to the notary. If the packages are mixed then apply the standard and it should even itself out between the large packages and the smaller ones. The actual fees paid by the borrower have not gone down as much as the amount received by the notary has. All of the nickel and diming of the notary's fee end up in the pocket of those who don't have the expenses.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 printing fees - MidTNNotary on 8/11/16 5:40pm
 Re: printing fees -  JanetK_CA on 8/11/16 6:30pm
 I hear you, but sadly no I don't charge extra... -  Cari on 8/11/16 6:42pm
 Re: I hear you, but sadly no I don - Luckydog on 8/11/16 9:57pm
 Re: I hear you, but sadly no I don - ananotary on 8/12/16 9:47am
 Re: printing fees - Joseph Ascenzi on 8/11/16 10:44pm
 I quote an all-inclusive fee, but the rule of thumb used to -  MW/VA on 8/12/16 8:01am
 Joseph - please keep in mind when professionals make a -  Christine/OK on 8/12/16 9:06am
 Re: Joseph - please keep in mind when professionals make a - jnew on 8/12/16 1:41pm
 Re: Joseph - please keep in mind when professionals make a -  JanetK_CA on 8/12/16 3:38pm
 Re: printing fees - William Danley on 8/13/16 2:32pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.