Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Joseph - please keep in mind when professionals make a
Posted by  Christine/OK of OK on 8/12/16 9:06am Msg #558031
statement such as Marilynn (below your post in this thread): "I also charge $15 extra for pkgs. over 140 pages. I'm not going to print those 160-200 page pkgs. without extra compensation," they are implicitly identifying a key element (time expended) that some certified notary signing agents neglect to factor into services provided within their fee structure.

1. Administrative time required leading up to the signing for scheduling, printing, putting together shipping sleeves/label protectors, travel, etc.

2. Presentation & facilitation time during the signing, time reaching out to Escrow Officer, Loan Officer to address signer questions, etc. => it's not just that there is MORE paper and toner used for printing those additional documents, it’s an adjustment for the ADDITIONAL TIME required to facilitate the presentation of those additional documents to the signers.

3. Administrative time after the signing - providing signing status to your client.

4. Time for a return trip to your office if scan/fax is specified in the signing order confirmation.

5. Inclusive of travel and wait time in line to ship the package, printing the receipt, associated administrative time following tracking, and providing updates to your clients.

An analogy would be for a client to place an order with a Professional Shopper for the purchase of a bouquet of flowers, a card, wrapping paper, as well as a gift card from Bass Pro Shop (which is 25 miles distant from the stores with the other items). A client may state “A fee increase? Well it’s only adding one small item!” That one small item increases the time requirements for travel & traffic to Bass Pro Shop, locating the appropriate department within the expansive store, placing the order, paying for it, travel back to the client (another 25 miles), etc.

Value yourself and your time by designing a fee structure to accurately and reasonably price your services. Valuable clients will appreciate the time you take to thoughtfully manage the signing order fulfillment while professionally and patiently guiding their client through the signing process.

You may find it helpful to review Msg #555322 for additional information.

Best wishes for success to all. Big Smile

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 printing fees - MidTNNotary on 8/11/16 5:40pm
 Re: printing fees -  JanetK_CA on 8/11/16 6:30pm
 I hear you, but sadly no I don't charge extra... -  Cari on 8/11/16 6:42pm
 Re: I hear you, but sadly no I don - Luckydog on 8/11/16 9:57pm
 Re: I hear you, but sadly no I don - ananotary on 8/12/16 9:47am
 Re: printing fees - Joseph Ascenzi on 8/11/16 10:44pm
 I quote an all-inclusive fee, but the rule of thumb used to -  MW/VA on 8/12/16 8:01am
 Joseph - please keep in mind when professionals make a -  Christine/OK on 8/12/16 9:06am
 Re: Joseph - please keep in mind when professionals make a - jnew on 8/12/16 1:41pm
 Re: Joseph - please keep in mind when professionals make a -  JanetK_CA on 8/12/16 3:38pm
 Re: printing fees - William Danley on 8/13/16 2:32pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.