Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Joseph - please keep in mind when professionals make a
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 8/12/16 3:38pm Msg #558077
So true. Also, the average size of a package has gone up. I've noticed over the years that, with some lenders and title companies, there are now more and more internal documents included in the packages that didn't used to be there. So that print cost has been transferred to us. Multiplied out by hundreds and potentially even thousands of packages, it can add up to savings to them that can be significant in large volume.

On an individual basis, the difference may seem insignificant, but over time, it has an impact on us, too, as we end up eating more and more of those little extras. By way of example, when I started in this business 14 years ago, my estimate is that the average size of a loan package was about 80 pages. Today, I'd guess it's closer to 130. (Naturally, there are also new forms that have been added over the years for a variety of reasons.)

Just something we should keep in mind when setting fees.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 printing fees - MidTNNotary on 8/11/16 5:40pm
 Re: printing fees -  JanetK_CA on 8/11/16 6:30pm
 I hear you, but sadly no I don't charge extra... -  Cari on 8/11/16 6:42pm
 Re: I hear you, but sadly no I don - Luckydog on 8/11/16 9:57pm
 Re: I hear you, but sadly no I don - ananotary on 8/12/16 9:47am
 Re: printing fees - Joseph Ascenzi on 8/11/16 10:44pm
 I quote an all-inclusive fee, but the rule of thumb used to -  MW/VA on 8/12/16 8:01am
 Joseph - please keep in mind when professionals make a -  Christine/OK on 8/12/16 9:06am
 Re: Joseph - please keep in mind when professionals make a - jnew on 8/12/16 1:41pm
 Re: Joseph - please keep in mind when professionals make a -  JanetK_CA on 8/12/16 3:38pm
 Re: printing fees - William Danley on 8/13/16 2:32pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.