Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: adventures in notary last week......
Posted by Yoli/CA of CA on 3/6/18 9:30am Msg #590782
It's none of my business if borrower has been drinking prior to my arrival UNLESS s/he doesn't know/understand what's going on. I'll engage her/him in conversation about the transaction to determine her/his awareness. If borrower is fully cognizant as Di's seemed to be, proceed. If not, make some excuse to adjourn and notify hiring party.

Maybe borrower has high tolerance for alcohol. Maybe borrower had cocktail spilled on him at lunch/dinner and hasn't had time to clean up. Maybe borrower works at distillery/winery. Many scenarios as to why borrower reeks of booze.

Cheryl's right. This biz is not easy; but, it is diverse and can be very interesting. Wink
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 adventures in notary last week...... - notarydi/CA on 3/5/18 4:05pm
 Re: adventures in notary last week...... -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/6/18 8:45am
 Re: adventures in notary last week...... - Yoli/CA on 3/6/18 9:30am
 Agree with Cheryl & Yoli - BearPaw/CO on 3/6/18 12:39pm
 thank you ladies for your responses..... - notarydi/CA on 3/6/18 1:29pm
 Re: thank you ladies for your responses..... - BearPaw/CO on 3/6/18 2:39pm
 My worst story with a drunk signer... -  JanetK_CA on 3/6/18 4:03pm
 Re: thank you ladies for your responses..... -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/6/18 5:05pm
 Re: adventures in notary last week...... -  Amigoaz on 3/6/18 2:58pm
 yeh, I had a 04/20 as well.....no thank you....:) n/m - notarydi/CA on 3/7/18 12:58am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.