Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

adventures in notary last week......
Posted by notarydi/CA of CA on 3/5/18 4:05pm Msg #590745
#1) Signer's documents read John E. Smith, I. He has no i.d. with "the first" in it. His son is John E. Smith,II. So, he IS "the first" or senior technically. Anyway, signed and notarized him as he had i.d. for....John E. Smith. Said at his age, 83, he was not going to start signing with "the first" in it. Never had before and wasn't going to start now. Escrow had said to sign him as he had i.d. for and she would correct when she got everything back.

#2) Mrs. squawked at filling out the trust cert. There was one already completed that just needed signing and notarizing in with the docs and one to complete. Said the one to complete was bogus BS and this is why we pay people to fill out these forms so we don't have to deal with these minor details. At which point, the Mr. said, no worries, I'll fill it out.

#3) Signer not happy to sign 4506. At which point her boyfriend pipes up and goes off about "Why does she have to sign this form and allow them access to her tax returns? The President of the United States doesn't have to. Why should she?" Just kept going on as I tried to redirect the conversation...

#4) Signer was sloshed. Greeted me at the door and smelled of booze. So, I come in and set up and think well, let's see how this goes. He absolutely knew what he was signing. Asked pertinent questions, complained about the origination fee, questioned some of the documents. I felt like I was signing Foster Brooks.....if anyone remembers him. I kept thinking, "What will I do if he passes out drunk on the dining room table?" But, he didn't. Made no mistakes in his signatures or dates. Called me "sweetie" and thanked me for my time.

some times I'm just at a loss for words.....Smile

question to the seasoned veterans....how do you handle the signer that reeks of booze?

Smile

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 adventures in notary last week...... - notarydi/CA on 3/5/18 4:05pm
 Re: adventures in notary last week...... -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/6/18 8:45am
 Re: adventures in notary last week...... - Yoli/CA on 3/6/18 9:30am
 Agree with Cheryl & Yoli - BearPaw/CO on 3/6/18 12:39pm
 thank you ladies for your responses..... - notarydi/CA on 3/6/18 1:29pm
 Re: thank you ladies for your responses..... - BearPaw/CO on 3/6/18 2:39pm
 My worst story with a drunk signer... -  JanetK_CA on 3/6/18 4:03pm
 Re: thank you ladies for your responses..... -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/6/18 5:05pm
 Re: adventures in notary last week...... -  Amigoaz on 3/6/18 2:58pm
 yeh, I had a 04/20 as well.....no thank you....:) n/m - notarydi/CA on 3/7/18 12:58am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.