Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

When something feels 'off' to me:
Posted by Belinda/CA of CA on 3/9/18 2:20pm Msg #590928
When something fees off to me I do not participate in the proceedings. You are not called to lay your livelihood, finances, freedom, peace of mind, and so forth on the line for anyone. We are supposed to use our heads in business. You would not be violating your position as a public servant by turning it down because of race, creed, etc is not your motivation of refusal. If we feel something isn't right we are not supposed to proceed and should not. There is great liability in our profession and taking chances is not to be taken lightly. If uncomfortable; pass. No big deal. Even if your electricity is going to be shut off without the job; pass.

If others have done similar signings, it does not mean you should necessarily. Your gut is paramount. Sometimes we are uncomfortable in new situations and a learning curve is the cause of the anxiety. However, when a child is involved and your gut tells you one thing, it might be best to follow it. We have those feelings for a reason. If you cannot differentiate between learning curve and true concern, go with your gut. No one wants to be hauled into court even if you would not be charged. Just being a witness or to clear yourself is a huge inconvenience. Especially for something you felt uncomfortable with in the first place. Explain that in court! You could say I didn't think it was right but did it anyway. They'd love that. Court, the law, and attorneys are a pain in the behind, costs time and could cost money, etc. A no-brainer for me. I'd pass in this situation if I knew it was not the learning curve bugging me.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Would you touch this with a 10 foot pole? - ChattNotary on 3/9/18 11:08am
 Re: Would you touch this with a 10 foot pole? - Alan Ramos on 3/9/18 11:52am
 Agree with Alan n/m - Lee/AR on 3/9/18 11:56am
 Re: Would you touch this with a 10 foot pole? - ChattNotary on 3/9/18 12:13pm
 Who is signing the document? -  JanetK_CA on 3/9/18 1:27pm
 Alan is correct - MikeC/TX on 3/9/18 6:23pm
 Re: Would you touch this with a 10 foot pole? - jojo_MN on 3/9/18 12:18pm
 It's best to notarize & don't not analyze. Your thinking -  MW/VA on 3/9/18 1:52pm
 When something feels 'off' to me: - Belinda/CA on 3/9/18 2:20pm
 In California, we are charged with verifying the ID of the -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/9/18 2:39pm
 Re: Would you touch this with a 10 foot pole? - shooterclay on 3/9/18 2:58pm
 As if this situation isn't crazy enough.. - Linda_H/FL on 3/9/18 3:49pm
 Ah..I re-read and saw it's the stepson.. n/m - Linda_H/FL on 3/9/18 3:50pm
 I try to stay away from jail signings in general... - FeliseSoCal on 3/9/18 4:21pm
 Re: Would you touch this with a 10 foot pole? -  Doris_CO on 3/9/18 5:38pm
 Re: Would you touch this with a 10 foot pole? - Expeditor on 3/10/18 2:59pm
 Silly comment. Being a NOTARIO means nothing in the USA. - ananotary on 3/10/18 3:48pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.