Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: What Would You Do . . .
Posted by Karla/OR of OR on 9/18/14 5:00pm Msg #515502
Here is my update on this situation:

The OR handbook states: "Corrections can be made by the notary on a cert several days after it was executed. Only the notary may make the corrections and they must be made on the original doc. The notary can not send a new attachment certificate. The original must be corrected."

I called the contact at the car dealership and advised him to send the original cert and the doc back to be me to correct (add my stamp and cross off the "No notarization required"). He indicated this would delay the process for the buyer of the vehicle. I said if he would overnight them today then I would overnight them back tomorrow and he would have it by Saturday. This is the only way. I said if it is just proof he wanted that my commission was valid, then he could see that on the OR SOS site and gave him explicit directions how to get there. He seemed to be happy with that and said he would run this by his financial guy.I asked that he let me know one way or the other so I could close out the file. He said he would. Have not heard anything and probably won't!!!

Also, he was miffed that I had contacted the buyer last night to tell her what was going on. He said it was their client. I responded back to him that it was my client as well, they are the ones that paid me to show up!! That seemed to quiet him!!

I am going to keep in touch with the buyer to make sure they keep informed on my part.

Thank you ALL so much for your advice with this situation!!!

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 What Would You Do . . . - Karla/OR on 9/17/14 10:27pm
 Re: What Would You Do . . . -  Kathy Fletcher on 9/17/14 11:09pm
 Re: What Would You Do . . . - Buddy Young on 9/18/14 12:17am
 Re: What Would You Do . . . - Karla/OR on 9/18/14 1:40am
 Agree with janetK - BearPaw/CO on 9/18/14 2:04am
 Re: Agree with janetK - Karla/OR on 9/18/14 2:21am
 Re: What Would You Do . . . -  JanetK_CA on 9/18/14 12:20am
 Re: What Would You Do . . . - Karla/OR on 9/18/14 1:51am
 I'm not sure I would have complied with this -  Linda_H/FL on 9/18/14 7:49am
 Apologies - meant to add... -  Linda_H/FL on 9/18/14 7:50am
 Re: Apologies - meant to add... -  JanetK_CA on 9/18/14 4:02pm
 LOL - "a little bit pregnant" - good one Janet!! :) n/m -  Linda_H/FL on 9/18/14 4:14pm
 In California a lot of these car dealers file with -  Notarysigner on 9/18/14 5:31pm
 Yes, Karla, my procedures are as Janet/CA recommends. -  Christine/OK on 9/18/14 7:27am
 Re: What Would You Do . . . -  Les_CO on 9/18/14 9:47am
 fraud alert!!!!!!! -  Notarysigner on 9/18/14 9:52am
 Re: What Would You Do . . . - Karla/OR on 9/18/14 5:00pm
 Re: What Would You Do . . . - Karla/OR on 9/18/14 5:36pm
 If that car dealer was in the S.F. BAY AREA please p/m me n/m -  Notarysigner on 9/18/14 5:38pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.