Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Yes, after I've asked if they have anything scheduled after
Posted by  Christine/OK of OK on 10/23/14 4:34am Msg #517785
the signing.

If I have the doc package, the time frame can pretty closely be estimated (unless there are more questions than normal). I give a time range/window to complete it to be respectful of their time and other commitments.

They are quite thankful and truly appreciate the respect for their time. Normally they will comment something to the effect of: "Oh! My LO said that it will take 15-20 minutes." My response (while smiling) is: "Yes, it can only take that amount of time if you're a real estate investor, are knowledgeable with respect to the loan docs, and have no questions." Big Smile

Like Karla/OR, I have a checklist that I use to guide the signing confirmation call as follows:

Confirm name including spelling if an unusual name
Request a copy of their current government-issued photo ID (unless not needed)
Confirm they've reviewed the docs with their LO
Confirm the date, time, and location
Verify the Venue (the county in which the signing is taking place - I serve 22 counties and in OK the counties have many 'jagged' borders Big Smile)
Touch on the space needed for the signing
Discuss the role of the NBS with respect to the doc signing process (yes, many believe that the NBS can execute their docs first, etc., etc., etc.)
Provide a guesstimate of time requirements for the signing

P.S. This may sound lengthy, but it flows together and goes fairly quickly! Big Smile Best Wishes, HrdwrkrVA
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Does anyone advise signers of the length of the closing when - HrdwrkrVA on 10/22/14 5:17pm
 Re: Does anyone advise signers of the length of the closing when - Karla/OR on 10/22/14 5:48pm
 I don't say anything unless asked or unless the -  Linda_H/FL on 10/22/14 6:19pm
 I tell people who ask or state they have time constraints -  Jim/AL on 10/22/14 6:59pm
 ...but do you offer if not asked? I've previuosly gone the - HrdwrkrVA on 10/22/14 8:19pm
 Re: ...but do you offer if not asked? I - Beverly/CA on 10/22/14 10:18pm
 Re: ...but do you offer if not asked? I - parkerc/ME on 10/22/14 10:48pm
 Re: Does anyone advise signers of the length of the closing when - LKT/CA on 10/23/14 12:03am
 Yep, part of the confirmation for me. n/m - Karla/OR on 10/23/14 3:07am
 Re: Yep, part of the confirmation for me. - Karla/OR on 10/23/14 3:32am
 Yes, after I've asked if they have anything scheduled after -  Christine/OK on 10/23/14 4:34am
 Thanks! I confirm most of those on confirm myself. Guess - HrdwrkrVA on 10/23/14 10:42am
 Set their expectations w/ confirm call, always appreciated n/m - Darlin_AL on 10/23/14 3:48pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.