Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Thanks, Frank. Hooray!
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 7/4/15 12:49am Msg #533877
The comments above represent what many in our business believe, so this is offered in the spirit of trying to show a different way of thinking about the issue.

"It is a real shame that title companies, signing services, etc do not see the value of our profession."

That very well may be true for many, but it's completely beside the point and has nothing to do with what we get paid. Most businesses don't go about hiring vendors or subcontractors by figuring out what "value" they put on those services. It just doesn't work that way. I learned a bit about that ages ago as a telecom manager for a big brokerage co where I bought phone systems and other services.

I never calculated what I thought some equipment or service was "worth". Instead, the first step was deciding on our needs and priorities. Our business depended on communications, so only top quality service providers were invited to bid. For us, it was more about quality than price; for others that might have been reversed. When I bought a phone system, the sales person may have had a little bit of wiggle room to negotiate, but they were not about to let me dictate to them what we would be willing to pay for what they could provide! Same is true in our business.

A tc or ss decides how to choose subcontractors based on *their* needs, priorities, client base - and business plan. Some are focused on making sure they provide high quality service and reliability. For others, it's all about keeping fees low, whether that's to try to survive or to try to make a killing. Either way, they're not thinking about us! Wink

Some hiring parties are just looking for someone with a printer, a car, and a stamp. Their goal is to get the basics done for as little as possible. Others actually care about the kind of end product their clients receive. Those are the companies that ask us what WE charge. We just have to figure out what kind of vendor we want to be and what type of companies we want to work for. We might as well ignore the rest of them.

So like Frank indicated, the real issue is what "value" WE put on our profession!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Regarding the below thread "the trend to lower fees" -  Frank/NC on 7/3/15 3:21pm
 Re: Regarding the below thread "the trend to lower fees" -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/3/15 3:33pm
 Re: Regarding the below thread "the trend to lower fees" -  ikando on 7/3/15 4:16pm
 Re: Regarding the below thread "the trend to lower fees" -  sueharke on 7/3/15 4:41pm
 3 years. n/m -  bagger on 7/4/15 9:30am
 Thanks, Frank. This is very insightful. I get lots of -  MW/VA on 7/3/15 5:00pm
 Re: Thanks, Frank. Hooray! -  notary4az2 on 7/3/15 5:08pm
 IMO they see the value of what we do, because they're -  MW/VA on 7/3/15 5:39pm
 Re: Thanks, Frank. Hooray! -  Frank/NC on 7/3/15 7:49pm
 Excellent discourse and presentation, Frank. n/m -  Yoli/CA on 7/3/15 8:52pm
 Re: Thanks, Frank. Hooray! -  JanetK_CA on 7/4/15 12:49am
 The notaries on here whining about what they do not - Belinda/CA on 7/4/15 12:19pm
 Hey, I'll work for $75 ... even $60 - BearPaw/CO on 7/4/15 3:39pm
 OMG - that is too funny. Start doing them for - Belinda/CA on 7/4/15 5:35pm
 Re: Excellent Insight, Frank! -  Teri_PA on 7/5/15 7:16am
 Well said, Teri_PA! Great to hear from you! -  JanetK_CA on 7/5/15 11:36pm
 Well said, Terry. I also think some of the posters here -  MW/VA on 7/6/15 8:19am
 It hasn't even been mentioned here, but this biz like any -  MW/VA on 7/6/15 8:22am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.