Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: License vs. Commission . . . What is the Difference You Ask
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 8/1/15 9:20am Msg #535676
I can see this coming down the pike, and it is out of the hands of any FOR-PROFIT enterprise to be the head of the movement.

I'm not sure why it hasn't been executed in CA first since there are so many transactions being done here. I will embrace the higher standard.

Last week I had a $2mil refinance of a major avocado estate in my county. The owners of the property also own a huge company here with many employees that has been in business for decades, and community icons philanthropically. He told me that the last time he refi'd the notary who came out was clueless about the package and began reading the documents to he and his wife. He pulled the papers out of her hand and said, "let's just sign these things, I've got a busy schedule."

Funny, definitely not his first rodeo, and the notary had no idea of how to handle the signing event. It's her part time job. It is so vital to a notary's success to be industry knowledgeable and how to "read people" so as not to waste their time.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 License vs. Commission . . . What is the Difference You Ask -  PegiT_MN on 8/1/15 8:18am
 Re: License vs. Commission . . . What is the Difference You Ask -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/1/15 9:20am
 Re: License vs. Commission . . . What is the Difference You Ask - jnew on 8/2/15 11:02am
 Re: License vs. Commission . . . What is the Difference You Ask -  Joe Ewing on 8/2/15 1:26pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.