Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: National Notary Association worth continuing the membership?
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 9/28/16 8:06pm Msg #561917
I agree with the others. NO! Wink I haven't been a member since 2004, I think. Is your employer in a real estate related field or do you also have experience with loan documents? If so, that will be a big help. Either way, I hope you haven't yet quit your day job, if it's up to you. This isn't exactly a business on the upswing and there are lots of experienced notaries in most parts of CA that are struggling to find work. (I don't know about your area, though. Check the Find A Notary tab at the top to get an idea of how much competition you have.)

If you have a choice, I'd recommend sticking to a full time job for as long as possible and start building notary clientele in your spare time. That does limit your availability, of course, but it can take a long time to get well enough established to earn a full time living at this. Having many years experience as a notary, though, should be a big help to you. (Also, see the thread below from someone else new asking for advice on how to get started.)
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 National Notary Association worth continuing the membership? - Annette DiNardo on 9/28/16 5:45pm
 Re: National Notary Association worth continuing the membership? -  Yoli/CA on 9/28/16 5:54pm
 No - BearPaw/CO on 9/28/16 6:49pm
 Re: National Notary Association worth continuing the membership? -  JanetK_CA on 9/28/16 8:06pm
 Re: National Notary Association worth continuing the membership? - MikeC/TX on 9/28/16 10:46pm
 Re: National Notary Association worth continuing the membership? - Karla/OR on 9/29/16 1:32am
 Re: National Notary Association worth continuing the membership? -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/29/16 8:37am
 Re: National Notary Association worth continuing the membership? - Luckydog on 9/29/16 9:01am
 Re: National Notary Association worth continuing the membership? - Annette DiNardo on 9/29/16 1:04pm
 Good for you. I've had nothing to do with that organization -  MW/VA on 9/29/16 2:45pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.