Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

What the heck happened?
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 1/19/17 8:43am Msg #568476
Arrived at a very high end senior assisted care living community to sign a couple. I am directed to go to the Medical Facility. Upon arrival I meet Mr. and Mrs. B sitting near the nurses station, Mrs. B is having her breakfast and she is in a wheelchair. Mr. B is quite agile and sharp, Mrs. B seems to be recovering from ?? We move to a private seating area, like a den in front of a fireplace, very warm and cozy. Mrs. B is still eating her breakfast. I ID both of them, and engage Mrs. B in conversation. She tells me how long they've lived in the area and where she is from, and how much she loves SB. She asks me how long I've lived here. Conversation is polite and she is lucid. I suggest to Mr. B we allow her to finish her breakfast while Mr. B and I sign documents. It is not a long package, but it's in a trust, and an ARM product and has all the usual ancillary documents associated with title being held in a trust and the usual required signatures. Mr. B has already wired funds in to close, and we set it up for auto pay. We are through with all his signatures and I turn to Mrs. B, she announces she needs to attend the loo. Two nurses aides come to assist her. On her return to the signing area, I hand her the first document, and she announces she will not sign until Mr. B buys her new shoes.

Uh-oh. I would never have guessed. But I packed up and prepared to leave, and Mr. B was completely upset, angry and agitated, he did not thank me for his time. He left the room. Mrs. B. was already wearing a very new pair of suede casual slip-on, non skid shoes, so I didn't see the problem with shoes, but there was definitely a problem with her being able to sign loan documents for $1.5mil refi, which she confirmed by telling me she has five pairs of shoes but needs another pair of new shoes.

Full fee. No sign. Next! Well, it was a wacky day since my next clients, in their late 70s also, showed up an hour late, it began to rain, and all I wanted to do was get home and be safe and warm. Double loan signing refi and HELOC. Turns out they owned a limo/wine tour biz in Santa Barbara 15 years ago. They actually transported a friend and me to San Pedro/Long Beach to get to our cruise ship with 14 other notaries to Mexico for a 3-day event.

It was quite a day. And an inch of rain last night. Romeo does not like the rain much, but we're all loving it, even though a lot of trees are toppling because they are so heavy and have gone through a long drought, very weakened.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 What the heck happened? -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/19/17 8:43am
 Re: What the heck happened? -  Yoli/CA on 1/19/17 9:02am
 I thought I was there to see a physician on site -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/19/17 9:10am
 I do the same Yoli, as you never know with these clients... -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 1/19/17 9:12am
 This morning I received a call, docs being redrawn deleting -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/19/17 10:18pm
 Re: This morning I received a call, docs being redrawn deleting -  Yoli/CA on 1/20/17 12:11am
 Re: This morning I received a call, docs being redrawn deleting -  JanetK_CA on 1/20/17 2:16am
 Re: This morning I received a call, docs being redrawn deleting -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/20/17 7:45am
 Re: This morning I received a call, docs being redrawn deleting - Ali/IL on 1/21/17 11:35am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.