Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

*I* did not go to the website to check the ID validity
Posted by Teresa/FL of FL on 7/15/17 12:22pm Msg #578581
It was the manager of the business who did that. I don't believe it is my responsibility to check a website to verify an ID is valid. Now if the ID holder had been stopped by the highway patrol, they would probably do that to make sure her license to drive had not been revoked or suspended and that there were no active warrants for her arrest. That's a different scenario than having your signature notarized.

It did have a photo, but the fact that it was paper and the format did not appear in my ID checking guide concerned me. Also, I didn't believe her when she said that is what they gave her when she went to the license bureau to get a new ID to replace the one she lost. From my google search after the fact, it appears this type of ID is issued when you renew online.

We ended up doing a credible witness affidavit after she rounded up 2 people who know her.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Question for AL notaries RE: ID - Teresa/FL on 7/15/17 11:22am
 Re: Question for AL notaries RE: ID - PegiT_MN on 7/15/17 11:36am
 Not AL, but you really answered your own question - Lee/AR on 7/15/17 11:38am
 *I* did not go to the website to check the ID validity - Teresa/FL on 7/15/17 12:22pm
 Re: *I* did not go to the website to check the ID validity - Luckydog on 7/15/17 12:40pm
 Re: Question for AL notaries RE: ID -  Bluespiano42 on 7/16/17 8:00am
 Hi Teresa, -  Michelle/AL on 7/16/17 2:46pm
 Thanks Michelle - Teresa/FL on 7/17/17 10:32am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.