Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: DOT Notary Ack
Posted by  Yoli/CA of CA on 8/11/17 2:27pm Msg #580819
Being in California, I wouldn't have to deal with that as we have prescribed exact verbiage to use and would, therefore, be attaching a loose CA-compliant certificate.

That being said, my layperson's interpretation of that verbiage:

"I, do hereby certify that_____________________ personally appeared before me this day and acknowledged the due execution of the foregoing instrument (or attached document) __________________________________
(description of document)"

" ... the foregoing instrument" applies if the notarial certificate appears on same page of document/instrument and signatures.

" ... (or attached document)" applies if notarial certificate is on page separate from the document/instrument and signatures.

"(description of document)" under the blank line requires that: a description. A description may be interpreted to mean just the title of the document (i.e. Deed of Trust, Compliance Agreement, etc.) or title plus additional information (i.e. number of pages, regarding property address, to be filed at xxx county, etc.). IMO, whichever you elect to do is correct - just be consistent.

Again, just my opinion and I am not an attorney. Wink
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 DOT Notary Ack -  LynnNC on 8/11/17 12:04pm
 Re: DOT Notary Ack - NVLSlady/VA on 8/11/17 12:20pm
 Re: DOT Notary Ack -  VT_Syrup on 8/11/17 12:48pm
 Re: DOT Notary Ack -  LynnNC on 8/11/17 12:56pm
 Re: DOT Notary Ack - Teresa/FL on 8/11/17 1:09pm
 Re: DOT Notary Ack -  JanetK_CA on 8/11/17 2:19pm
 Re: DOT Notary Ack -  Yoli/CA on 8/11/17 2:27pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.