Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: It
Posted by  Cari of IL on 8/20/17 9:39am Msg #581439
"The way it works is the title company makes contact with an NSA based on where the client happens to be, but the escrow title company is where the property is located."

I agree with the first part, but not necessarily true about the second. Maybe this is how it works for Cali nsa's, but I've rarely had a closing where the TC and the property location were in the same state.

"The LO chooses the title company they will work with."

It's been my understanding, that the LO, if they get to choose the TC, uses the one their bank uses. Again, maybe this works differently for Cali and other states, but from those that I've worked with, both from my state and out of state, its rarely their choice. The use of whatever TC their bank uses is their choice, or the borrower's, which is rare.

"Settlement agent has many choices on how to find a notary, here, #s, cafe, signing agent or ??? google, sd. Hard to know."

True, and to add, will only go to those sites, if they can't work with the nsa's (cuz they're booked) from their own list.

"Point is, whenever a title company calls me, I go for it without hesitation and haven't had to chase my money ever with direct client. "

Same as most should , and depending on the TC, there have been some here that have had to chase their money, and those were TC's that eventually went under which are far and few since the mortgage meltdown. TC's are no doubt the best to work for as they are regulated.

"This is why it is so important to put your best foot forward and make the best impression possible on forums, blogs, social media, as this is the only way a settlement has to make its determination on which NSA to use out of all those listed in a specific zip code."

Disagree that this is the "only way a settlement has to make its determination...."

When TC settlement agents are looking for nsa's, they're in a hurry, and really do not have time to read an nsa's history of posts on social media or nsa forums.

When looking at our profiles, they're quickly searching and key words such as NNA Certified, Background Screened, E/O Insured, Bilingual, Years of Experience and a Fee schedule will get their eye quicker than anything else.

After the closing is completed, the settlement agent (or the one that hired the nsa) will determine on whether or not to use that nsa, based on how well they completed the closing. If no errors found, very good chances the nsa would be called upon again.

Many employers are using social media to determine if a candidate is worthy of employment with their company. But for independent contractors like us, the time it takes to do this investigation is too long, as they need to make hiring decisions often on the fly.

Its best to update one's profile on this forum and similar with certain key words as suggested above, which will attract the eye of potential settlement agents.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Triton National Title Agency...would like more recent nsa -  Cari on 8/19/17 9:56am
 i see nothing wrong with that post...it's an 'indicator' - Lee/AR on 8/19/17 11:23am
 Re: Triton National Title Agency...would like more recent nsa -  Yoli/CA on 8/19/17 11:33am
 Re: Triton National Title Agency...would like more recent nsa -  Cari on 8/19/17 1:54pm
 It's always great to get a call from direct clients -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/20/17 7:59am
 Re: It -  Cari on 8/20/17 9:39am
 Re: It -  Yoli/CA on 8/20/17 10:50am
 this is also true....LOs may have special rapport with -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/20/17 1:59pm
 No.....Why solicit feedback for them? - Goldenladyga on 8/21/17 12:54pm
 Re: No.....Why solicit feedback for them? -  Yoli/CA on 8/21/17 7:14pm
 Re: No.....Why solicit feedback for them? - Goldenladyga on 8/22/17 12:54pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.