Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Archimerc LLC and NAT USA, Inc.-Ralph Lewis and Wayne Snyder
Posted by Donald Brett Bryson, LPA, LLC - Brett of OH on 1/13/18 9:57am Msg #588669
I'm a licensed attorney as of September 2017. I did my first signing services as a "mobile closer" for a local title agency in 1996. I worked for 6 years in title and escrow and 7 years in residential and commercial loan document preparation and loan funding for a community bank. I've done many loan signings throughout my career-- more than I can count, certainly more than 100.

I still do signing services to keep some income coming in as I try to get more legal work. My understanding is that when I do signing services nowadays I get less money and I wait longer for it. It's just the way the blind market here works. So I know sometimes I'm going to wait 60 days for a check that's a little smaller than I would like to get and smaller than a check I might get from a local title agency I work for directly. In this particular envelope I am the tail not the dog. My options are do this work and take my chances or don't do this work and do something else.

My options DO NOT include contacting title agencies or lenders diectly for payment for services, generally. The vendor agreements I have signed, at least the ones I've read, foreclosed that right for me. That's just how it is. I don't like it. When I get more legal work I'll phase out the signings more and maybe just do the ones that are very close to me and pay the most.

I was paid late a couple times by NAT USA. The payments went to my home address instead of my business address and the post office returned them to NAT USA. Eventually I got my money, along with a fancy pen with a stylus and glowing logo that you can turn on and off. One of my 7 kids is just enthralled by this pen. Perhaps small consolation for having to wait for my money.

I can say this about NAT USA. When I was signing up with additional services and needed a reference, NAT USA was quick to contact me personally and assist. I really appreciate that.

Maybe they are deadbeats. I have no idea. They could just be a small business struggling with challenges that I can understand or with challenges I have no way of understanding because I don't have the facts. There could be health problems. There could be a very severe case of ADD. A horrible divorce. Or they are the root of all evil and the ground should open up and swallow them. I just don't know.

I do my signings through snapdocs and I work for so many different scheduling sources that pay different rates and make me wait different periods. Some pay as quickly as a couple weeks; some pay in 60 days. Waiting to get paid is a bummer, but it happens.

Doing this for a living has become less and less tenable as the technology has changed and as the guidance to signing agents through the NNA suggests I should not rely on my copious knowledge and experience very much and should instead follow instructions very narrowly--including giving a very very narrow limited explanation of the documents and the process to signers.

I sometimes joke to my friends that this is monkey work I do for a little extra cash. It's not that I don't think I'm worth more even at this job. It's just that I have to face facts that this is what the job has become. This job is no longer a "big deal". Based on changes in the federal regulations borrowers show up to signing appointments more prepared and more aware of what's going on. I don't have to be such a fabulous Problem Solver and no one expects me to be a Salesman. Without much industry experience I could rely on training materials and do this job sufficiently to meet the certified signing agent standards.

If I'm not satisfied with NAT USA or with some other company that hires me I have options. I can stop taking their jobs. I can violate the terms of my agreement and go directly to NAT USA's client companies. I can bad mouth them in forums. It's a better fit with my personality and values to just choose to use them or not use them and spend as little time and energy as possible on that. Others go a different route.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Archimerc LLC and NAT USA, Inc.-Ralph Lewis and Wayne Snyder - NotaryOH on 1/10/18 5:32pm
 This is a follow-up to Msg #587384 and Msg #587408 - NotaryOH on 1/10/18 5:46pm
 All he has to do is PAY you & it never had to happen n/m - Lee/AR on 1/10/18 5:46pm
 Re: All he has to do is PAY you & it never had to happen - NotaryOH on 1/10/18 6:03pm
 Wayne Snyder how did u cross paths w/Ralph Lewis? Any input? - NotaryOH on 1/10/18 6:20pm
 Perhaps they are out of resources to pay notaries -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/11/18 7:31am
 Re: Archimerc LLC and NAT USA, Inc.-Ralph Lewis and Wayne Snyder - pdl/cali on 1/10/18 8:34pm
 Scratching my head here -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/11/18 8:53am
 Re: Scratching my head here - Linda_H/FL on 1/11/18 8:59am
 I agree Linda. Email threads are probably worth - sigtogo/OR on 1/11/18 10:38am
 Oops, email threats Not threads. n/m - sigtogo/OR on 1/11/18 10:40am
 It never ceases to amaze me at the sleaziness of Signing - grapebed on 1/11/18 1:13pm
 Re: It never ceases to amaze me at the sleaziness of SS -  Pamela/CA on 1/11/18 3:33pm
 Re: Archimerc LLC and NAT USA, Inc.-Ralph Lewis and Wayne Snyder - bagger on 1/11/18 1:28pm
 well, thisis what I'd do - Luckydog on 1/11/18 7:08pm
 PS - Luckydog on 1/11/18 7:11pm
 Before this goes off the page, just a reminder that -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/12/18 6:33am
 Re: Before this goes off the page, just a reminder that - ArtG/KS on 1/12/18 9:04am
 Re: Before this goes off the page, just a reminder that - Luckydog on 1/12/18 6:14pm
 Re: Archimerc LLC and NAT USA, Inc.-Ralph Lewis and Wayne Snyder - Donald Brett Bryson, LPA, LLC - Brett on 1/13/18 9:57am
 Re: Archimerc LLC and NAT USA, Inc.-Ralph Lewis and Wayne Snyder - Luckydog on 1/13/18 3:30pm
 2 best posts in this thread are directly above - Lee/AR on 1/14/18 4:55pm
 Re: Archimerc LLC and NAT USA, Inc.-Ralph Lewis and Wayne Snyder - jss1027 on 12/20/22 3:23pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.