Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: My question would be why do you want VA notary?
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 2/22/18 2:11pm Msg #590178
I was wondering the same thing. It's very difficult to help someone when they don't offer any info on why they're asking for something that, at least on the surface, doesn't make any sense. This triggers questions in my mind... Is the poster bringing some assumptions to his needs that may not be accurate? Is he trying to do something that someone told him he can't do and he didn't like the answer? Is this person planning to move to VA to start (or relocate) a notary career? But he's not come back to offer any reply or follow up, so I guess we'll never know.

As for multiple commissions, I don't pretend to know all the ins and outs of that from state to state, but I'm not aware of any place where a notary can use whatever commission(s) they might have outside of that particular state. We all know that while the VA remote notary laws supposedly allow notarization of signers located elsewhere, the notary him or herself must be physically located in VA. (And I'm still not 100% convinced that the remote notarization laws as written, are designed to be used the way the backers of webcam notarizing are heavily promoting. But that's a different issue... Wink)
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Virginia Notary Living in Washington State Needed - Sean Boatman on 2/20/18 9:44pm
 I think you're confused. A VA Notary Commission is only -  MW/VA on 2/21/18 8:30am
 Re: I think you -  VT_Syrup on 2/21/18 9:10am
 What confused me is he asked for a VA-commissioned - Linda_H/FL on 2/21/18 9:21am
 Re: What confused me is he asked for a VA-commissioned -  VT_Syrup on 2/21/18 11:26am
 My question would be why do you want VA notary? -  sigtogo/OR on 2/21/18 12:06pm
 Re: My question would be why do you want VA notary? -  JanetK_CA on 2/22/18 2:11pm
 Re: Virginia Notary Living in Washington State Needed -  Doris_CO on 2/21/18 5:10pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.