Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Interesting conversation with LO yesterday ...
Posted by Yoli/CA of CA on 2/23/18 8:42am Msg #590213
Had signing at lender's office yesterday for first-time buyers. While we were waiting for borrowers, LO and I had quite an interesting conversation.

She tells me they're getting many, many calls from people looking into refinancing. And, it seems most of those refinances are taking $50+K cashouts. This, even if it means a higher interest rate. She's wondering if people are anticipating another meltdown and getting what they can while they can. Whatever it is, she says they've gotten really busy this month and seems it'll be even busier in months to come. (looking back -- the refi's I've had this year all cashed out)

She also tells me they're loosening the purse strings. For example: for self-employed - they no longer require CPA sign off on P&L. Self-generated P&L and bank statements are sufficient. And, they are no longer requiring sourcing info on large deposits (cash or otherwise). She likened it to the "stated income" we saw pre-2007/8. I commented "oh, here we go again with creative financing" and she agreed.

Hang on folks. We're in for busy times!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Interesting conversation with LO yesterday ... - Yoli/CA on 2/23/18 8:42am
 Re: Interesting conversation with LO yesterday ... -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/23/18 8:45am
 Re: Interesting conversation with LO yesterday ... - Susan/CA on 2/23/18 11:30am
 Re: Interesting conversation with LO yesterday ... - NVLSlady/VA on 2/23/18 12:40pm
 Re: Interesting conversation with LO yesterday ... - Bear900/CA on 2/23/18 2:56pm
 Correct on the furture - Signerbill on 2/24/18 4:51pm
 Re: Correct on the furture -  JanetK_CA on 2/25/18 12:24am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.