Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

my mother-in-law had MG....
Posted by notarydi/CA of CA on 7/16/18 10:48am Msg #595924
for many years I helped take care of her. It is a "manageable" disease. The meds she had to take were very expensive. And, the side effects of the meds were not pretty. My father-in-law used to ask every time I brought her back from the neurologist, "When is she going to be well? When will she not have this disease any more?" He never seemed to get it.....she would have the disease the rest of her life. To the best of my knowledge, it is not curable.

Basically, the neurotransmitters from the brain to the muscles do not get the signal to function. It can cause one side of the face to droop, difficulty swallowing, eating, talking, impair lung function. Ugly disease.

Prayers your way, Art. Get a top notch neurologist. The national MG Organization is a great resource as well. Positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Di Smile
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 A previous thread - everything is shrinking - ArtG/KS on 7/15/18 7:59pm
 Re: A previous thread - everything is shrinking - Luckydog on 7/15/18 8:42pm
 Re: A previous thread - everything is shrinking -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/15/18 8:59pm
 Re: A previous thread - everything is shrinking - Yoli/CA on 7/16/18 7:27am
 my mother-in-law had MG.... - notarydi/CA on 7/16/18 10:48am
 Re: my mother-in-law had MG.... - ArtG/KS on 7/16/18 11:52am
 I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers, Art. There are -  MW/VA on 7/16/18 12:22pm
 Re: A previous thread - everything is shrinking - Jose Gutierrez on 7/16/18 1:14pm
 Re: A previous thread - everything is shrinking -  JanetK_CA on 7/16/18 2:51pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.