Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: The reasons they call us.....
Posted by Marilyn June Wilson of MS on 9/19/18 10:42am Msg #598647
Jack, I understand that you have a low opinion of those of us who have had to stoop to this level of foolishness to get a foothold in the mobile notary business, however, in Mississippi, we are not exactly being saturated with mobile notary requests. So until a GNW business can be established, unfortunately, this is one of the things we have to do. (Kind of like attorneys who take jobs as legal assistants because they have to feed themselves.)
That said, I agree with your comments, however, I would hope that we as notaries are looking out for more than our next check. I have had other issues with products such as Reverse Mortgages. Most recently a borrower, who was deaf and physically handicapped, was being "abused"by a non-relative neighbor who had commandeered the borrower's car and obtained access to her bank accounts, and present when I came to close the loan. I'll share that story another time.
Bottomline, we have a moral obligation to do more than close a loan, make a presentation, assist attorney clients' with completion of documents, etc.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Debt Resolution: TriStar Consumer Group - Marilyn June Wilson on 9/18/18 12:28pm
 Re: Debt Resolutions. Please don't do anymore - NVLSlady/VA on 9/18/18 1:21pm
 Re: Debt Resolution: TriStar Consumer Group - Jack/AL on 9/18/18 1:34pm
 I agree with Jack & I won't touch that type of transaction. -  MW/VA on 9/18/18 4:23pm
 Re: I agree with Jack & I won - Marilyn June Wilson on 9/19/18 10:25am
 I do think it's a good idea to report that co. is you -  MW/VA on 9/19/18 2:29pm
 Re: If you don't feel comfortable doing this type of work, - Louisiana33 on 9/18/18 4:49pm
 The reasons they call us..... - Jack/AL on 9/18/18 5:04pm
 If memory serves me... - Linda_H/FL on 9/18/18 5:17pm
 Re: If memory serves me... - Marilyn June Wilson on 9/19/18 10:45am
 I can't/won't do this work -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/18/18 7:13pm
 Re: The reasons they call us..... - Marilyn June Wilson on 9/19/18 10:42am
 Marilyn, How is do debt resolutions getting you a foothold? -  sigtogo/OR on 9/19/18 11:40am
 ok, bad headline, but you get my drift n/m -  sigtogo/OR on 9/19/18 11:41am
 Re: If you don - Marilyn June Wilson on 9/19/18 10:26am
 Foothold in REPUTABLE notary biz - NVLSlady/VA on 9/19/18 12:30pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.