Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: And they
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 11/20/18 9:07pm Msg #600487
Check out the Signing Central tab above, sort by ratings, and select only the 4 & 5 star companies to apply to. But don't go just by the ratings. Be sure to also research them before applying, by doing a search here on this forum and on Google, to learn what's being said on other forums, as well.

As an example, I got an email recently for The Closing Exchange soliciting updates to notary profiles, but I couldn't find anything on them in Signing Central. However, a Google search brought up comments from another forum, including one that reminded me that they used to be Notary Direct, a notorious low-ball company. (I didn't bother to check, but I know there's been lots said here about them under that name!)

Pay the most attention to recent ratings and comments because things do change over time. You can save yourself lots of grief by not getting sucked into working for companies that manage to never get around to paying their notaries...

However, in this market especially, no one with any sense is going to post the names (let alone contact info) for their best clients. What gets posted here is available for anyone to read - including our own competition. As for using PMs to give out client info, how do we know if we're risking kneecapping a long time contributing member of this forum who lives in the same area as you? It may sound harsh, but it's the reality, especially in a declining market.

Another thing you could try doing is to get to know some other notaries in your state. If you just ask them to help you, you won't be likely to get very far, but if you can think of something mutually beneficial - maybe even just getting together to vent about notary stuff that no one else is interested in, you might make a friend - or more...
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Hello - JTNotary/MD on 11/18/18 4:54pm
 This business has slowed to a crawl in many places. I'm -  MW/VA on 11/18/18 5:06pm
 Re: This business has slowed to a crawl in many places. I - JTNotary/MD on 11/18/18 7:56pm
 This from State of MD - Linda_H/FL on 11/18/18 9:42pm
 Re: This from State of MD - JTNotary/MD on 11/19/18 3:21pm
 Re: This business has slowed to a crawl in many places. I - CopperheadVA on 11/19/18 6:51am
 You can't trust anything XYZ tells you. A bond is required -  MW/VA on 11/19/18 2:40pm
 At least you know the facts about the market before you -  MW/VA on 11/19/18 2:42pm
 The NNA is all about making money for the NNA not notaries. n/m - Colonel/IA on 11/19/18 11:11am
 Re: The NNA is all about making money for the NNA not notaries. - JTNotary/MD on 11/19/18 3:24pm
 Re: The NNA is all about making money for the NNA not notaries. -  Claudine Osborne on 11/19/18 4:51pm
 Snapdocs is a big reason this business has gone - CopperheadVA on 11/19/18 6:25pm
 Re: Snapdocs is a big reason this business has gone -  Cheryl Elliott on 11/20/18 7:48am
 Re: Snapdocs is a big reason this business has gone - Luckydog on 11/20/18 8:09pm
 In my experience, both are out to con innocent people like -  MW/VA on 11/20/18 10:14am
 And they're not the only ones... -  JanetK_CA on 11/20/18 4:24pm
 Re: And they - JTNotary/MD on 11/20/18 6:43pm
 Re: And they -  JanetK_CA on 11/20/18 9:07pm
 WE can make them all good companies by saying NO. - Lee/AR on 11/21/18 7:08am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.