Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: No One Wants To Learn Anything - They Just Blither Along
Posted by Lee/AR of AR on 3/10/19 9:07am Msg #604213
No, I do NOT initial my strikeouts...because it's my turf and I think it looks messy & doesn't contribute to further clarity. I've had one complaint--they sent it back with instructions to either initial the strikeouts OR don't strikeout at all. I initialed, just to be ornery. End of story.

Rarely, I will see instructions that indicate that I should initial strikeouts (usually when wrong venue is pre-filled on Cert). Then I DO initial all strikeouts---for clarity purposes.

For those of the 'neither strikeout nor circle' persuasion, I doubt they'd ever get a complaint as leaving it alone opens the door to whatever 'correction' whoever wants to see.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 When completing your acknowledgements, do you - Alz on 3/8/19 10:06pm
 Re: When completing your acknowledgements, do you - Luckydog on 3/8/19 10:58pm
 Re: When completing your acknowledgements, do you - SteveS/CA on 3/9/19 1:04am
 Re: When completing your acknowledgements, do you -  JanetK_CA on 3/9/19 1:45am
 Ditto. I don't line out anything. n/m -  MW/VA on 3/9/19 11:32am
 Re: When completing your acknowledgements, do you - Lee/AR on 3/9/19 6:43am
 Re: When completing your acknowledgements, do you -  VT_Syrup on 3/9/19 8:53am
 That seems like a lot more work...? n/m - Alz on 3/9/19 9:22pm
 Re: That seems like a lot more work...? -  VT_Syrup on 3/9/19 9:36pm
 No One Wants To Learn Anything - They Just Blither Along -  Scriba/NM on 3/9/19 5:28pm
 Re: No One Wants To Learn Anything - They Just Blither Along - Luckydog on 3/9/19 10:06pm
 Re: No One Wants To Learn Anything - They Just Blither Along - Lee/AR on 3/10/19 9:07am
 Re: No One Wants To Learn Anything - They Just Blither Along -  ikando on 3/10/19 3:22pm
 Regarding Strikeouts and Initials in Acknowledgements -  Scriba/NM on 3/11/19 1:41am
 Re: No One Wants To Learn Anything - They Just Blither Along -  JanetK_CA on 3/10/19 4:12pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.