Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

When LLC, LP or Corp is purchaser ...
Posted by BobbiCT of CT on 3/22/19 6:41am Msg #604614
Glad to hear it went well for you.

In short, there are many things that an underwriter for a title insurance company must verify and document for the lender title insurance policy. For example, just two: that the LLC is properly formed, requires various state, federal and tax records searches (Articles of Organization & who members are [Patriot search]), and that the person signing for the LLC (even if single member) has the authority to do so - often includes review of sections of the LLC's Organizational documents and signed Resolution stating person has authority to purchase specific property, borrower money and mortgage the purchased property.

I do not know the whole story, but can understand a delay while this is being done. Hmm... didn't the lender let the title company know an LLC was the purchaser well before the closing date was set?

I've worked with this situations for more years than I will admit. It goes very badly for the title insurance company that insures a mortgage loan to the lender if there's a "bad" LLC, the loan goes south and the lender makes a claim under the policy. Yes, I'm one of those people that reads the underwriting manual and the 6+ pages of fine print in the lender and/or owner policy jacket.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Here's one for the ages. - mtcwgrl on 3/22/19 3:41am
 When LLC, LP or Corp is purchaser ... - BobbiCT on 3/22/19 6:41am
 Re: Here -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/22/19 10:33am
 Is this because you were buying as an Investor? - NVLSlady/VA on 3/22/19 3:05pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.