Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Here in FL, title does the recording...we as NSAs do not.
Posted by Laureen/LA of LA on 5/19/19 5:12pm Msg #606562
I appreciate your response Linda and I would just like to clarify that I am referring to a sample document among a collection of such samples for various types of loans that are compiled into a book. The sample document I reference is titled 'Instructions' and even though it is just a sample I was surprised to see that in this particular instruction document the statement referencing the obligation to record 'properly' being among the instructions that are clearly meant for the LSA. These are numbered 1 through 5 as such: 1) corrections are to be backslashed and typed not whitedout 2) borrower to sign exactly as name is typed 3) Lender must approve the use of a POA 4) return package within 24 hours of signing 5) If the documents are not recorded in the correct order, we will rely on you, as the closing agent to re-record the documents at your expense.

I am especially confounded because number 4 seems to contradict number 5 and I wanted to know if anyone else has ever seen this in their own instructions and if so, how do they act on it? If not, I would be relieved to learn this and would chalk this one sample document up to an anomaly rather than a red flag. Thanks very much for the feedback. Have a great rest of the weekend.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Reverse Mortgage recording requirements?? - Laureen/LA on 5/18/19 6:43pm
 Re: Reverse Mortgage recording requirements?? - Luckydog on 5/18/19 7:53pm
 Another example of the "great" material from the NNA n/m - Colonel/IA on 5/18/19 8:22pm
 Re: Reverse Mortgage recording requirements?? -  JanetK_CA on 5/18/19 8:25pm
 Way above my pay grade. -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/18/19 9:44pm
 Not our job as a rule - CW2Ret/VA on 5/19/19 8:22am
 Re: Not our job as a rule - Laureen/LA on 5/19/19 12:54pm
 Here in FL, title does the recording...we as NSAs do not. - Linda_H/FL on 5/19/19 8:28am
 Ditto what Linda said, esp re: "that association"... ;>) n/m -  JanetK_CA on 5/19/19 1:58pm
 Re: Here in FL, title does the recording...we as NSAs do not. - Laureen/LA on 5/19/19 5:12pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.