Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Elder Financial Abuse
Posted by Carolyn Bodley of CO on 5/20/19 10:35am Msg #606569
As I said below, this is not a disability issue, but instead could, from the bank’s position, be treading on elder financial abuse. A family member presents a financial POA for a senior, in a nursing home, too weak to sign their name, so a signature by proxy allowing another person to sign for principal, and the senior does not go with family member to bank ???

And you don’t see where the bank could look at this as possible coercion, possible elderly abuse, possible theft and on and on and on?

The bank is protecting principal’s interest by requiring the principal’s fingerprint on a financial POA where a signature by proxy was used. Banks require fingerprints for cashing checks, so I applaud the bank requiring finger print on financial POA giving agent control of an elder’s money. I personally wish a law was passed requiring the POA signing be memorialized by video and audio.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Bank Required Thumbprint on POA Document - ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 5/19/19 11:42am
 Re: Bank Required Thumbprint on POA Document -  JanetK_CA on 5/19/19 1:54pm
 Re: Bank Required Thumbprint on POA Document - ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 5/19/19 9:46pm
 Re: Elder Financial Abuse - Carolyn Bodley on 5/20/19 10:35am
 The bank's have their own rules. I can see where they'd -  MW/VA on 5/19/19 4:22pm
 Re: I don’t see it as disability discrimination - Carolyn Bodley on 5/19/19 5:47pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.