Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Borrower on house arrest??
Posted by Louisiana33 of LA on 5/23/19 11:28am Msg #606641
I went to a signing and during the signing, the gentleman mentioned to me that since he is on house arrest (while pointing to his ankle), he was not able to leave to go to a lawyer's office so he was glad that someone could come out to his house so he could sign his paperwork. He told me he had gotten his 2nd or 3rd DUI. I held my composure and completed the signing and made it home safe and sound. My good friend said I should have bolted. My husband (a police officer) stated that at that point, I was already there and had started signing so he understands why I chose to complete the signing. (The BO,girlfriend,sister and kids were also at the home at the time.) Seriously at my day job at a Fortune 500 corporate office, bounty hunters have been turned away at the door by security, so people come from all walks of life. My friend(also a notary) was upset and said XXX company should tell us upfront if the customer is on house arrest, etc. She was contacted by xxx, but had just left another closing out of town. She thinks I am too calm about the matter and states that I should never work for XXX again.

Also, what do you do if you check the ID and "Sex Offender" is printed on the ID. My husband says they do that in this state and I may run across that as well when I check IDs.
A day in the life.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Borrower on house arrest?? - Louisiana33 on 5/23/19 11:28am
 DUI? Wouldn't bother me. - Lee/AR on 5/23/19 12:09pm
 Re: DUI? Wouldn - Louisiana33 on 5/23/19 12:44pm
 Re: DUI? Wouldn - Luckydog on 5/23/19 12:47pm
 Re: DUI? Wouldn -  FNP on 5/23/19 1:34pm
 I agree. Why discriminate? I've only left a couple of -  MW/VA on 5/23/19 4:48pm
 Re: Borrower on house arrest?? - Carolyn Bodley on 5/23/19 1:59pm
 Thanks for all the good feedback! n/m - Louisiana33 on 5/23/19 3:46pm
 I miss your point? - Signerbill on 5/24/19 9:57am
 Google can be your friend.... - notarydi/CA on 5/25/19 10:06am
 I do a lot of inspections...Harley owners -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/27/19 8:15am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.