Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I got asked how to do an eSignature...
Posted by  VT_Syrup of VT on 8/2/19 10:34am Msg #609028
I got asked how to do an eSignature, but it wasn't for a notarization. It was a non-profit organization (Civil Air Patrol). The questioner wanted to know how to esign an expense reimbursment form that was being sent to another office of the same organization, 2 hour drive or 2 days by paper mail.

Since everyone involved knows each other and talks on the phone at least once a month, I suggested just scanning a paper signature, cropping the photo, and using the fill and sign feature of Adobe Reader. I mentioned that digital certificates are better, but they're a lot harder and the onus is on the organization to provide what's needed for that, not for individual volunteers to go get digital certificates on their own.

Since some on this forum are dealing with this, anybody have a better answer?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I got asked how to do an eSignature... -  VT_Syrup on 8/2/19 10:34am
 For things like Docusign, you just type your name as the -  MW/VA on 8/2/19 1:37pm
 "onus is on the organization." I agree. - NVLSlady/VA on 8/2/19 2:26pm
 Re: I got asked how to do an eSignature... - Luckydog on 8/2/19 4:14pm
 Re: I got asked how to do an eSignature... -  JanetK_CA on 8/2/19 7:34pm
 Re: I got asked how to do an eSignature... - LJCA on 8/3/19 1:02am
 Re: what I learned from eSignature replies -  VT_Syrup on 8/3/19 11:54am
 Re: how much was/is docusign - LJCA on 8/3/19 3:10pm
 Re: how much was/is docusign -  VT_Syrup on 8/3/19 4:00pm
 Re: thanks for the info VT :-) n/m - LJCA on 8/4/19 12:08am
 You need no account to sign only to send n/m - Luckydog on 8/3/19 4:54pm
 Founded in 2003, this has been around a long time - Luckydog on 8/3/19 5:04pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.