Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Anyone have experience with Google Voice, etc.?
Posted by JanetK_CA of CA on 11/17/19 5:39pm Msg #612440
I've been thinking that a separate phone number(s) for personal use and/or other non-notary business activities might be a good idea. I'm not thinking of changing my notary business number because it's listed in too many places and would be a major headache to try to change. It would also be a huge headache to change the phone number I use for verification of various accounts, however, but that might be safer in the long run.

I also have to admit that the idea of depending on Google for one more communication tool when they're already saving info on virtually everything I do online gives me pause. And I'm not comfortable giving apps access to my phone Contacts list, but I guess Google already has that by default. (I have an Android device.) [I frequently see comments/news about Facebook and all the data they collect, but it surprises me that we don't hear more about all that Google collects...]

I've done a little reading on options (most of which aren't free) and pros and cons of Google Voice, but would be interested in any personal experience of others, especially those in this field. One reviewer mentioned three cons (mostly for Google Voice as primary #): 1) no access to 911, 2) no direct support beyond help forums, and 3) risk of occasional down time. Have any of you used a different type of service for extra phone numbers on one device?

TIA for any feedback.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Anyone have experience with Google Voice, etc.? - JanetK_CA on 11/17/19 5:39pm
 Re: Anyone have experience with Google Voice, etc.? -  walthtz on 11/17/19 6:02pm
 Re: Anyone have experience with Google Voice, etc.? - LJCA on 11/18/19 11:21am
 Re: Anyone have experience with Google Voice, etc.? - LJCA on 11/18/19 11:59am
 Yes, this is a great help. Thanks! n/m -  JanetK_CA on 11/18/19 2:33pm
 Re: Anyone have experience with Google Voice, etc.? -  ikando on 11/18/19 5:08pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.