Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Printer
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 11/18/19 3:05pm Msg #612465
We may be in the minority here, but I agree with BearPaw. In years past, I've had pretty good luck with buying gently used HP printers on eBay (with carefully researched suppliers). I focused on models that were designed for small work groups with very high monthly duty cycles, so I was sure they could handle high volume. These are workhorse machines that spit out the docs and generally just keep working.

I'm not familiar with the more current model numbers, but I recently posted a link to a list of all HP printers and year of introduction (possibly within the past few weeks). Specs for most printers are easily available online. I recommend, whichever model and brand you choose, to read the specs and know what you're buying, and that its capabilities match your needs, e.g. print speed, size and number of paper trays, etc.

Supplies are one other thing to keep in mind when comparing costs of HP & Brother. With HP, every toner cartridge includes the drum, so they're going to be a bit more expensive. However, that means that you never have to replace the drum inside the machine, which is something required from time to time with a Brother. Some here feel that the cost of a Brother printer is low enough that they'll just buy a new one. Different strokes. (And if I got any of those details wrong, hopefully someone will correct me.)

My bias is that if I can buy what was a $1000+ machine for under $200 (well under, in a couple of cases), that's been refurbished and is still churning out the docs, why not. However, with one exception, those purchases were made back when when I was doing much higher volume than I choose to do these days. The best choice may vary from person to person.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Printer - Tasha Holland on 11/18/19 11:05am
 Re: Printer - BearPaw/CO on 11/18/19 1:12pm
 Re: Printer - Tasha Holland on 11/18/19 2:49pm
 Re: Printer -  JanetK_CA on 11/18/19 3:05pm
 HP will never disappoint you -  Cheryl Elliott on 11/18/19 4:02pm
 Re: Printer - shooterclay on 11/18/19 3:56pm
 Brother - Luckydog on 11/18/19 4:35pm
 Re: Printer....when I first started out - Linda_H/FL on 11/18/19 5:06pm
 I use Brother laser printers--some inexpensive models & -  MW/VA on 11/18/19 6:28pm
 Re: Printer - NK_UT on 11/19/19 11:56am
 Re: Printer - Luckydog on 11/19/19 3:28pm
 Re: Printer - NK_UT on 11/19/19 11:00pm
 I use Linkyo products that I get from Amazon now. I've -  MW/VA on 11/20/19 8:08am
 Re: I use Linkyo products that I get from Amazon now. I - NK_UT on 11/20/19 12:10pm
 I don't EVER use anything but remanufactured. I'd go broke -  MW/VA on 11/20/19 6:13pm
 Re: Printer - 1derful on 11/25/19 4:14pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.