Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

I never said he took a vow of poverty
Posted by  Moneyman/TX of TX on 12/28/16 10:00pmMsg #69078
What is that imaginary top limit that once someone reaches they have "made enough"? He never defined it did he?

With a pension of $400k/yr, living in poverty is not an option for any modern era ex-presidents. That has not always been the case, hence the reason ex-presidents have a pension today.

With book deals and speaking fees, it is not beyond possibility that their earnings could top the billion dollar mark. I'm not the one that says something like that is obscene, it was Obama. What is the magic number for Obama to think that he has "made enough"? If he doesn't know, what the hell makes him think he had any right to tell anyone else that they have made "enough"?

< It has nothing to do with racism, and I don't understand why you brought that up in this context ...>

That feeling you feel is the same feeling that anyone who did not agree with either the Dems or Obama 100% of the time felt when they were called a racist without any proof. I know you haven't done that. I am sure you can now understand why so many people have had their limit with Democrats and people on the left that are unable to even hold civil conversations with anyone who disagrees with them over the last 8 years. My own interactions with one of them recently here in JP (with what's her name?) is proof that those type of simple minded people are still around.

Btw, I didn't say that your comments were racism, just that if it were '08 to close down discussion, the in thing would be to labeled as such. Wink
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 After only 5 years in office, Obama Net Worth rose 438% -  Moneyman/TX on 12/23/16 2:28pm
 Re: After only 5 years in office, Obama Net Worth rose 438% - MikeC/TX on 12/24/16 4:40pm
 Under Obama, it is territory that we are already in. -  Moneyman/TX on 12/24/16 6:50pm
 Re: Under Obama, it is territory that we are already in. - MikeC/TX on 12/26/16 4:39pm
 The left asked Obama to pardon illegal aliens to prevent ... -  Moneyman/TX on 12/27/16 11:32am
 Re: The left asked Obama to pardon illegal aliens to prevent ... - MikeC/TX on 12/27/16 11:54pm
 Re: The left asked Obama to pardon illegal aliens to prevent ... -  Moneyman/TX on 12/28/16 9:42pm
 I never said he took a vow of poverty -  Moneyman/TX on 12/28/16 10:00pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.