Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

grassroots political financial question about bank account
Posted by  VT_Syrup of VT on 8/16/17 3:56am Msg #70723
I expect to be elected the chair of the Democratic town committee in my Vermont town in September. At the moment, our town committee doesn't have any money, not even enough to buy a postage stamp. But if we ever do get any money, we will need a bank or credit union account to put it in.

I talked to a teller at my credit union, and she said if we ever wanted to change the signers on the account, all the existing signers would have to come to the credit union in person to approve the change. So what if someone moves away before they get a chance to come in to the credit union? The teller said there were no exceptions.

Anybody have any experience with this?
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 grassroots political financial question about bank account -  VT_Syrup on 8/16/17 3:56am
 Re: Checking accounts for non-profits - Bear900/CA on 8/16/17 10:36am
 Re: Checking accounts for non-profits -  VT_Syrup on 8/16/17 5:40pm
 Re: grassroots political financial question about bank account - MikeC/TX on 8/16/17 4:41pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.