Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: There is no "but" about it, they were the real unlawfull ...
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 8/22/17 11:23pm Msg #70775
The police, by stand down orders or whatever reasons, did not do their job. They allowed the groups to make contact with each other. As one commentator recently said, the police put the citizens in danger by their lack of actions that day. They failed their local citizens. To see how it is done properly look to some more recent protests and how law enforcement did their jobs, even in public places.

When it comes to the violence that BOTH sides engaged in, I have not, and am not, claiming that one side didn't engage in any violence; you however, seem to be bending over backwards to ignore reality and ignore the images you see yourself in video clips. I never made any claim as to when the violence that the clip I provided took place only that in that particular engagement, it is more than clear that the anti-protesters were the ones who attacked that specific group first as I pointed out.

I never asked directly, perhaps I should have. Mike, do you support the aim of such groups as Redneck Revolt, BLM, or several self proclaimed liberals and progressives who claim that certain speech (as in someone's exercise of free speech) should not be allowed or protected if people in such groups decide that they are offended, for themselves or on behalf of some other group?

"I still feel it was the supremacists who incited it by being there in the first place."

I, like you, don't agree with their message, however, they had a legal right to be their as well, by obtaining a permit. They also have a 1st Amendment right to free speech, regardless of who disagrees with their right to do so. That is the issue that has been overlooked in nearly every discussion on this topic. Several of the anti-protester groups openly state on their websites that their whole goal is violence and blocking other people's right to free speech. A lot of the anti-protesters came armed themselves. Also, according to your own posts regarding their permit, they were the ones who were out of order considering they were not protesting in the areas THEY requested permits for.

I tried the link you provided, for some reason it took me to the page then blocked it out. I was unable to read anything on the page.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Trump: Those opposing the neo-Nazis "didn'thave a permit" - MikeC/TX on 8/16/17 10:46pm
 There is no "but" about it, they were the real unlawfull ... - Moneyman/TX on 8/17/17 8:48am
 Re: There is no "but" about it, they were the real unlawfull ... - MikeC/TX on 8/17/17 4:00pm
 Re: There is no "but" about it, they were the real unlawfull ... - Moneyman/TX on 8/17/17 10:53pm
 Re: There is no "but" about it, they were the real unlawfull ... - MikeC/TX on 8/18/17 4:10pm
 Re: There is no "but" about it, they were the real unlawfull ... - Moneyman/TX on 8/22/17 11:23pm
 Re: There is no "but" about it, they were the real unlawfull ... - MikeC/TX on 8/23/17 4:34pm
 Re: There is no "but" about it, they were the real unlawfull ... - Moneyman/TX on 8/27/17 7:58pm
 The problem is listening to your daily hate speech, Mike. n/m -  Stoli on 8/24/17 6:07pm
 The protesters were hired here, in CA, "Crowds on Demand". n/m -  Stoli on 8/24/17 6:03pm
 Fake news, debunked by FactCheck.org, Politifact, and Snopes - MikeC/TX on 8/26/17 3:59pm
 Re: Trump: Those opposing the neo-Nazis "didn - FGX/NJ on 8/17/17 11:35am
 Yeah Mike, they shouldn't have all allow MLK to speak either n/m -  Stoli on 8/24/17 6:10pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.