Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Were the Tax Cuts really ONLY for the wealthy? Take the quiz
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 7/14/18 3:43pm Msg #71806
"Hugh, it is how the tax cuts are described by Democrats that promulgate the illusion that the tax cuts are only for the wealthy that is the problem."

The OMB has also weighed in. The cuts heavily favor the rich through the use of corporate cuts, AND those cuts are permanent while the individual cuts expire in 2024. I looked at the "quiz", and it seemed slanted to one side. I stopped looking when I hit the lie that a family of 4 would get about $2700 in cuts (not sure of the exact number) this year - the only ones trying to sell that piece of pablum are the GOP.

The cuts have not done what they were promised to do for the middle class - companies have taken their windfall and instead of letting it trickle down to the workers as they said would happen, companies have laid off employees, bought back stock, and in some cases moved production offshore. There has been no significant increase in hiring atributabe to the cuts, and wages are stagnent. That money the middle class thought it was going to see in the weekly paycheck? Gone due to the effects of increasing inflation being caused by trump's idiotic trade war.

But all is not lost. There's a reason Trump walked into the dining room at Mar-a-Lago the night he signed the bill and announced to his friends, "You've all just become a lot richer."
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Were the Tax Cuts really ONLY for the wealthy? Take the quiz - Moneyman/TX on 7/10/18 7:54pm
 Re: Were the Tax Cuts really ONLY for the wealthy? Take the quiz - HisHughness on 7/11/18 11:15pm
 If it helps, I didn't vote for my congressman. ;) n/m - Moneyman/TX on 7/12/18 1:36pm
 Re: Were the Tax Cuts really ONLY for the wealthy? Take the quiz - Moneyman/TX on 7/14/18 10:08am
 Re: Were the Tax Cuts really ONLY for the wealthy? Take the quiz - MikeC/TX on 7/14/18 3:43pm
 Re: Were the Tax Cuts really ONLY for the wealthy? Take the quiz - Moneyman/TX on 7/14/18 3:54pm
 For your reading pleasure - MikeC/TX on 7/16/18 3:46pm
 Re: For your reading pleasure - bagger on 7/17/18 1:37pm
 Re: Were the Tax Cuts really ONLY for the wealthy? Take the quiz - shooterclay on 7/16/18 6:21pm
 Now they would have to drop $3-4K just to be even with what - Moneyman/TX on 7/21/18 5:40pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.