Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Sorry Mike, either you believe in feedom of the press or you
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 8/24/18 6:25pm Msg #71967
What my post was about was HER reasons for excluding the press. I don't believe I said anything to suggest that I agreed with them, only that here they were... I also said that the press would find a way to attend the town hall because that's their job. How is that supporting her decision to exclude the press?

I am a firm believer in the First Amendment - it was the first because it was seen as the most important. The press should have free and open access to government, period. Literally, EVERY administration since Washington's has had a problem with the press, and there were times when the press abused their freedom (Google "yellow journalism"). But what we have today is a free press trying to get answers from the likes of Sarah Sanders, who lies constantly to protect her boss. And those that report accurately are called "fake news" because the facts they report are critical of POTUS, I don't think we've ever experienced this before; Trump is using the concept of Hitler's "lugenpresse" to prove to his case that the press cannot be trusted.

Remember what he said a few weeks go - what you see and what you read is not what's happening. His point was that you can only trust what HE tells you. He's attempting to cut the free press out of the equation, and sadly, his base believes him.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Freedom of the Press - Liberal style - bagger on 8/18/18 6:32am
 Re: Freedom of the Press - Liberal style - MikeC/TX on 8/18/18 5:16pm
 Re: Freedom of the Press - Liberal style - bagger on 8/20/18 1:54pm
 Re: Freedom of the Press - Liberal style - MikeC/TX on 8/20/18 5:32pm
 Sorry Mike, either you believe in feedom of the press or you - Moneyman/TX on 8/23/18 4:41pm
 Re: Sorry Mike, either you believe in feedom of the press or you - MikeC/TX on 8/24/18 6:25pm
 Re: Sorry Mike, either you believe in feedom of the press or you - Moneyman/TX on 9/5/18 11:54pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.