Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

More on bacteria...from Discuss Work...
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 8/18/17 11:10am Msg #29176
Don't want to get beat-up over there.

Disclaimer - like most I'm no microbiologist. The subject of bacteria is an interesting one.

Shocker: I just sprayed my entire garden with a bacterial spray: (BT). Yeah well, it kills cabbage worms and tomatoes hornworms. So, good for us, but bad for the bugs. They eat it, and dissolve from inside. Then we eat those too if we don't wash our veggies. I know, gross.

So, instead we (people) buy our 'fresh' veggies at the store or farmer's market. Have they been fertilized with steer or chicken manure? You probably also add that to your gardens right? E-coli and salmonella. I don't. Same with chicken meat and eggs...we just don't know for sure.

So okay, bacteria is in our lives. We eat yogurt for probiotic bacteria (really a false notion). Probiotic bacteria is important in out digestive system to ward off the bad bacteria in our....digestive system! Yuck!

We're full of bacteria and we need the good stuff because, yes, we're ingesting the bad stuff.

Are you a gardener, or just like growing plants, or eating them? Your soil needs to be 'alive' with bacteria and fungi. They won't grow otherwise. We just try to get more of the good stuff than the bad stuff.

Still, if we didn't practice good hygiene, we would probably be back to the dark ages where people died young not knowing about germs at all.

Just things that go 'round in my head....
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 More on bacteria...from Discuss Work... - Bear900/CA on 8/18/17 11:10am
 "I'm full of Bacteria." (keeps me humble) - NVLSlady/VA on 8/18/17 11:40am
 Re: "I'm full of Bacteria" - Bear900/CA on 8/18/17 1:39pm
 Medical science is taking a reverse position on "bacteria". -  MW/VA on 8/18/17 2:55pm
 ["Antibiotics have been over-prescribed"] - NVLSlady/VA on 8/18/17 5:07pm
 Re: ["Antibiotics have been over-prescribed"] - Bear900/CA on 8/18/17 6:49pm
 Re: More on bacteria...from Discuss Work... - Luckydog on 8/18/17 8:59pm
 Oh, no. Not the snotty kids... they're the Worst!! - NVLSlady/VA on 8/18/17 9:11pm
 Re: More on bacteria...from Discuss Work... - Bear900/CA on 8/19/17 2:21am
 Re: More on bacteria...from Discuss Work... - Luckydog on 8/22/17 10:09pm
 Re: More on bacteria... - NVLSlady/VA on 8/23/17 11:20am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.