Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: 2-week fasting program ends today
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 6/22/18 11:58pm Msg #30397
Just my point of view:

Vegetarian is hard, vegan is real hard. Then you get the guys who have been Raw vegans for over 20 years like John Kohler (Youtube).

Personally, I like eating mostly plant based which is what keeps my weight off but will balance with protein foods. Little or no dairy, no red meat, little to no grains, and whole foods vs processed foods, another hard act. Definitely no refined sugars.

The Problem with veggies from a market is the use of insecticides and NPK (nitrogen, phospherous and potassium) the latter of which are key minerals. When they add NPK to soil, it's much like giving sugar to kids. Plants grow fast, green and beautiful but are missing a lot of other minerals and vitamins. That's what you buy in a market,

Thus composting and soil building with trace mineral elements including macro and micronutrients. Well nourished soil produces well nourished plants and finally well nourished bodies.

Basically it's hard work being a really healthy plant eater even a part-timer as I try to be. I'm dialing it down though and it's amazing how well one can feel. If I deviate, the pounds will creep back.

I am working at adding another 5 plus pounds of muscle to gain back what atrophied after knee replacement.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 2-week fasting program ends today -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/21/18 8:00am
 Re: 2-week fasting program ends today - Bear900/CA on 6/22/18 1:12am
 Re: 2-week fasting program ends today -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/22/18 8:41am
 Re: 2-week fasting program ends today - Luckydog on 6/22/18 8:38pm
 Re: 2-week fasting program ends today - Bear900/CA on 6/22/18 11:58pm
 Re: 2-week fasting program ends today - Bear900/CA on 6/22/18 11:14pm
 Re: 2-week fasting program ends today -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/24/18 9:34am
 Re: 2-week fasting program ends today - NVLSlady/VA on 6/25/18 1:52pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.