Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Thank You .... and some Good News!
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 2/15/19 6:34pm Msg #30996
First, my wife and I really, really like Dr Marc Weise, M.D., Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon, Pismo Beach, CA (Shameless plug!) He did a fantastic job replacing both my knees last year.

The Dr’s wife who is his assistant, and me and my wife huddled together in the examination room talking about the first books we read on nutrition by Adelle Davis, a pioneer in nutrition, when we were teenagers. That’s where it all began, many, many years ago.

They both got a kick out of learning that two-time Nobel Prize winner Dr Linus Pauling and my parents got to know each other. I have photos of the three and autographed books (Vitamin C) by him.

So, my interest in nutrition goes back a long way as does theirs it appears.

I mentioned some research I did on bone health and minerals that are essential to good bone health and repair. Minerals such as Inositol, Boron, K1 & K2, Silica, Arginine and hydrolyzed Collagen protein were added to my daily supplements. They may or may not have helped and I’m fully aware that the body regulates how much of these it will assimilate. But at least they were put on the counter for the body to utilize.

Your bones, when injured, will rob Peter to pay Paul, taking minerals from nearby healthy bone to heal itself. Smart! We need to be just as smart and make more minerals available.

So taking one of my crutches the Dr demonstrated how he would like me to use just one crutch next week, and...drum roll...NO crutches by the following week.

"You mean the hip is repairing itself?"

He pulled out the new X-rays to review with me in great detail and said whatever I’m doing keep doing it. My wife and I turned into little kids just handed a new present.

When may I start walking, working out at the gym, etc? The questions poured out. He was optimistic.

"Next week," he said.

We're elated but I remain cautious. We will X-ray and review again in a month. I plan on taking it slower then the old me. We take legs for granted until unable to walk, or eyes until unable to see!

Fortunately for me, the stress fracture was similar to that received by young teenagers who play rough sports. They usually heal well, but will get arthritis by the time they are 65, the Dr. said.

“Your cortex (walls around the bone) are thick and strong like a young person’s. That’s mostly caused by good genetics. So, when you’re 150 we’ll take a look at that arthritis.”

Shorter sights are planned on mid-March (after my next exam) to finish planting out the garden.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 "You have a fractured hip" .. huh..? - Bear900/CA on 2/15/19 3:20pm
 My God Bear....hope all went well!! Prayers to you n/m - Linda_H/FL on 2/15/19 4:23pm
 Thank You .... and some Good News! - Bear900/CA on 2/15/19 6:34pm
 Re: Thank You .... and some Good News! -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/16/19 9:14am
 Major tell-tale sign of a stress fracture - wish I knew - Bear900/CA on 2/16/19 9:47am
 Re: "You have a fractured hip" .. huh..? - MikeC/TX on 2/16/19 10:58pm
 Re: "You have a fractured hip" .. huh..? -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/20/19 7:34am
 Up and at it! - Bear900/CA on 2/22/19 3:20pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.