Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Week 1 - Choose to Lose challenge!
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 5/26/19 12:16pm Msg #31172
Choose to lose just 2 pounds this week starting Monday. Join us and give it a try!

Posting a day early as a reminder even if you're just following along vicariously or wish to join but not say so. That's perfectly fine. Joining us will be more fun however.

No matter what your plan....you will need one. Keep it simple and real. Find out what works for you, rinse, repeat.

Can you plan some simple cardio 20 minutes/day...on a stationary bike or a brisk walk? If so, you may want to do some calf and hamstring stretches before and after. After 20 minutes on the bike this morning I wanted to keep going! It gets easier.

How about clearing out the snacks and treats? Add some protein and vegetables. You may be able to lose 2 pounds the first week by just eliminating after-dinner deserts, which brings up a good question: What junk food can I eliminate from my diet this week?"

Build momentum to eat healthier this week...whatever your health plan is.

Each morning last week while riding my bike these words from an old song came to mind:

"And we learned fast
To travel light
Our arms were heavy
but our bellies were tight" - Billy Joel

...and I lost close to 3 pounds!

We plan on driving to Santa Barbara later to pick up my wife's 2 aunts and take them to dinner. Must celebrate!

Starting Week 1 Choose to Lose tomorrow with cardio in the morning followed by a tall green smoothie! Smile

Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Week 1 - Choose to Lose challenge! - Bear900/CA on 5/26/19 12:16pm
 Thanks for the inspiration! -  JanetK_CA on 5/26/19 9:01pm
 Re: Thanks for the inspiration! - Bear900/CA on 5/28/19 3:46pm
 Re: Week 1 - Choose to Lose challenge! -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/27/19 1:12pm
 Re: Week 1 - Choose to Lose challenge! -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/28/19 7:52am
 Yard workout - Bear900/CA on 5/28/19 3:54pm
 Tuesday Tips - Bear900/CA on 5/28/19 3:29pm
 Wednesday Workout - Bear900/CA on 5/29/19 5:30pm
 ...soon as I finish these buttermilk pancakes - BearPaw/CO on 6/1/19 1:00pm
 Mmm...mmm....good! - Bear900/CA on 6/2/19 11:17am
 Enjoying BBQ -  Amigoaz on 6/3/19 8:36am
 Re: Enjoying BBQ - Bear900/CA on 6/3/19 10:37am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.