Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Thanks for the inspiration!
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 5/26/19 9:01pm Msg #31173
Your challenge is coinciding with my goal to lose a few more pounds, but 2 lbs a week is a bit too much, too fast for some of us, especially females with a small frame. I guess it also depends on how much we have to lose, but typically, men have a faster metabolism than women, perhaps because of more muscle mass and larger frame. But I've heard there may be other factors, as well.

I'll be happy with .5 lbs/week, if I can sustain it, long term. But junk food is already a rarity for me, as is desert. My focus is on reducing non-complex carbs, portion control, and moving more. (I also need to start some kind of work with weights to build muscle mass.) I've learned that one thing we need to be careful of is losing muscle mass when we diet, as muscle burns more calories at rest than fat. So once a person gets to their weight goal, if they've lost muscle mass and then go back to what was 'normal' eating before the diet, the weight comes back in a hurry because what was previously a 'maintenance' caloric intake is now excessive. (That's usually the reason for Yo-Yo dieting.)

Once we've lost the weight we want, it may actually take several months for our bodies to create a new set point and equalize our metabolism. So, FWIW, a plan for an adjustment period after the weight loss period, can be just as important as the weight loss plan itself.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Week 1 - Choose to Lose challenge! - Bear900/CA on 5/26/19 12:16pm
 Thanks for the inspiration! -  JanetK_CA on 5/26/19 9:01pm
 Re: Thanks for the inspiration! - Bear900/CA on 5/28/19 3:46pm
 Re: Week 1 - Choose to Lose challenge! -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/27/19 1:12pm
 Re: Week 1 - Choose to Lose challenge! -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/28/19 7:52am
 Yard workout - Bear900/CA on 5/28/19 3:54pm
 Tuesday Tips - Bear900/CA on 5/28/19 3:29pm
 Wednesday Workout - Bear900/CA on 5/29/19 5:30pm
 ...soon as I finish these buttermilk pancakes - BearPaw/CO on 6/1/19 1:00pm
 Mmm...mmm....good! - Bear900/CA on 6/2/19 11:17am
 Enjoying BBQ -  Amigoaz on 6/3/19 8:36am
 Re: Enjoying BBQ - Bear900/CA on 6/3/19 10:37am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.